$5 off Universal Facebook Coupon - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-11-2010, 03:19 PM

$5 off Universal Facebook Coupon

Remember the Universal Studios Facebook Page?
http://www.facebook.com/universalstu...2206389&ref=ts

They are now running a promotion where you vote for their next release, and you get a $5-off any Universal blu coupon. Unfortunately my printer isn't working and it's one of those Brick coupons, so I'm unlucky

I voted Back to the Future!
Old 04-11-2010, 04:33 PM

don't forget that after it prints to hit back and you can print a second one. Only 2 are allowed though
Old 04-11-2010, 07:55 PM

The coupon says on one 'regular priced' release. Does this mean it's going to be $5 off MSRP?
Old 04-11-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfms23 View Post
The coupon says on one 'regular priced' release. Does this mean it's going to be $5 off MSRP?
I don't think so, the regular price at a store is usually lower than the MSRP. I'm pretty sure they just don't want you to use it with a sale priced item. That didn't stop me from using it to get Fletch, marked down to $9.99, for $4.99 +tax.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:16 AM

Sweet thanks for the link!!
I hope The Blues Brothers wins!!
Old 04-12-2010, 08:30 AM

I voted for the Blues myself...one of the first dvds I bought and still have...coupon printed fine...
Old 04-13-2010, 06:55 AM

ok, this was stupid. I went in to walmart and saw that they have "The last starfighter" on blu when I went in to check new releases. Went up front and the coupon spit out some little thing from the register denying it. They sent me to the CS counter and the 24 year old fat gamer who can't get laid took one look and said "was this printed on the Internet??" like that was the problem. and very lazily (his whole attitude was "why am I even here" ) trys scanning it and says "well if the system won't take it I have no way to over ride it" when I had used 2 of them not a week ago with a normal cashier who just ran them right through. WTF... seriously this is the 1st time I've actually been denyed at walmart for a legit coupon
Old 04-13-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
ok, this was stupid. I went in to walmart and saw that they have "The last starfighter" on blu when I went in to check new releases. Went up front and the coupon spit out some little thing from the register denying it. They sent me to the CS counter and the 24 year old fat gamer who can't get laid took one look and said "was this printed on the Internet??" like that was the problem. and very lazily (his whole attitude was "why am I even here" ) trys scanning it and says "well if the system won't take it I have no way to over ride it" when I had used 2 of them not a week ago with a normal cashier who just ran them right through. WTF... seriously this is the 1st time I've actually been denyed at walmart for a legit coupon
While he can't override the coupon (can't force it to work I mean), they can still honor the coupon by discounting $5 off the purchase by either overriding the price of the item itself, or pressing the 'vendor coupon' (I think that's what it was if I remember right) button on the register and entering in $5.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:36 PM
formerly "SpazMedicine"

I tried combining this with the $22.99 sale price for PIRATE RADIO this morning at Target and the cashier would not use it. She scanned it at first and when it didn't take, she read the coupon and noted that it was off of regular price only. So, I just left and walked downstairs to Best Buy. They matched their web price of $23.99 and used the coupon without a problem. So, I paid a buck more than I would have at Target, but I was still happy.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveforbluray View Post
While he can't override the coupon (can't force it to work I mean), they can still honor the coupon by discounting $5 off the purchase by either overriding the price of the item itself, or pressing the 'vendor coupon' (I think that's what it was if I remember right) button on the register and entering in $5.
yeah, I went back this afternoon and the afternoon CS manager did that. Got

apollo 13 for $10.95 (add matched Ultimate electronics $15.95 price)
Pirate radio for $14.95 (add matched the Ultimate electronics $19.95 price)
Last Starfighter combo pack from walmart for $10