Forgetting Sarah Marshall is $11.49 - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-05-2010, 08:25 AM
BostonMA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,948
Default Forgetting Sarah Marshall is $11.49

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=bluray-039-20



this is a great, great movie that's extremely funny. i recommend a blind buy here if you haven't seen it.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-05-2010, 09:26 AM
comixguru's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,897
Default

Lots of fun. Fair price I think.

Unfortunately, I'm being super frugal, especially with comedies. I'm fine with my SD DVD I got for $3.99. (I got I Love You Man for free with B1G1 coupon). Not sold on BR for comedies when they cost 3x-4x more than I can score them for in pristine condition used DVD after 6-8 weeks. Not when I know sooner or later these will be super cheap in 3-pack.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Idioteque...'s Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,367
Default

It's 10 dollars at Best Buy but with tax it adds up. Just a bit more convenient though since you don't have to spend exactly 25 to get free shipping.

I'm hesitant on this one because I really want the slip on.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 497
Default

thanks to the OP and thanks even more to Idioteque.... I'll be picking this up at BB.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-05-2010, 05:00 PM
BostonMA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by comixguru View Post
Lots of fun. Fair price I think.

Unfortunately, I'm being super frugal, especially with comedies. I'm fine with my SD DVD I got for $3.99. (I got I Love You Man for free with B1G1 coupon). Not sold on BR for comedies when they cost 3x-4x more than I can score them for in pristine condition used DVD after 6-8 weeks. Not when I know sooner or later these will be super cheap in 3-pack.
yeah i too lay off the comedies on now.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-05-2010, 06:11 PM
ShotsOfJager's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 50
Default

Still one of my favorite comedies, got it in the judd apatow 3pk. $9.99 at BB is a great price
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-05-2010, 06:57 PM
SonicH04's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 117
Default

Any movie looks better on BD, regardless of the genre, so I haven't bought a DVD since It's Always Sunny season 4. Yes, I can see the thought process that action-oriented flicks would be more visually pleasing, thus lending themselves more to the added fidelity. But to me, it's more that DVDs look so much worse on a larger TV that I'm resistant to purchase anything that isn't HD now.

And considering Forgetting Sarah Marshall has held up spectacularly well (I'd go so far as to give it a "Modern Classic" moniker), for 10 bucks it's a bloody steal.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Idioteque...'s Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus81 View Post
thanks to the OP and thanks even more to Idioteque.... I'll be picking this up at BB.
Np, just let us know if there are any slipcovers for the movie in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicH04 View Post
Any movie looks better on BD, regardless of the genre, so I haven't bought a DVD since It's Always Sunny season 4. Yes, I can see the thought process that action-oriented flicks would be more visually pleasing, thus lending themselves more to the added fidelity. But to me, it's more that DVDs look so much worse on a larger TV that I'm resistant to purchase anything that isn't HD now.

And considering Forgetting Sarah Marshall has held up spectacularly well (I'd go so far as to give it a "Modern Classic" moniker), for 10 bucks it's a bloody steal.
I wouldn't say modern classic but it's one of the better Apatow movies. I thought it was great and I used to think, oh it's a comedy I'll get the dvd. Sometimes the PQ just makes everything a bit more fun. It just feels more real.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 497
Default

[QUOTE=Idioteque...;1889985]Np, just let us know if there are any slipcovers for the movie in stock.[QUOTE]

Funny you mention that. Of course the one they had waiting for me had no slipcover, so I asked the employee if they had any with it. He walked with me to the BD isle and there were about 10 or more copies. Sure enough none of them had it except for the last one behind all the others. It was the only one.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-06-2010, 12:42 PM
thorataz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 263
Default

and with a digital copy too. great buy
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' - High-Def Digest Review Attebery Blu-ray Software General Discussion 52 08-19-2009 02:23 PM
WTB Digital Copies of Forgetting Sarah Marshall + Mama Mia winklepr Home Theater Gear: Buy/Sell/Trade 1 06-01-2009 09:25 AM
WTB Mamma Mia & Forgetting Sarah Marshall bigt7117 Blu-ray Disc Exchange 0 04-01-2009 11:32 AM
Forgetting Sarah Marshall on 09/30/08! 2 different sets. Kocheese99 Blu-ray Software General Discussion 258 11-05-2008 10:09 PM
Cheapest place to get "Forgetting Sarah Marshall"? Rhihan Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 11 09-29-2008 11:39 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off