Godfather Trilogy $27.50 @Amazon UK (DEAD) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-01-2010, 01:19 PM

Default Godfather Trilogy $27.50 @Amazon UK (DEAD)

I missed it last time it was on sale, and it's been sitting in my Saved For Later basket for months at around 30. Back on sale today for 17.99, around $27.50, before VAT removal + shipping which pretty much cancel each other out.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001E25MBK

EDIT: Just placed my order, and it worked out a little better - Godfather Trilogy was 15.31 after VAT removal. I had 3 other titles in the order, and shipping was 6.05 for all 4 items, or 1.51 for each item. So my total cost for Godfather trilogy was 16.81, around $25.70.

Last edited by Cochise; 04-01-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:44 PM

Wow. That is a great deal. I just bought it about 3 months ago for $50 and haven't watched them on blu yet
Old 04-01-2010, 01:52 PM

works out to $28.10 shipped to me in Colorado.

good deal, thanks for the post!
Old 04-01-2010, 02:12 PM

wow. what a deal.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:26 PM

Two quick questions; 1) is this region-free and can play in a NA PS3 (I assume it is, but I figured I should ask anyway), and 2) How do you remove the VAT thing? Is removed automatically? Mines coming up to a just a little over $29

EDIT: nix question two, I just overlooked it on my checkout thing.

EDIT: Okay, nix the first question, too. I saw in in the product description as I looked over it. I'm really going to have to start actually reading shit before I jump all over it.

Anyway, I'm going to order it. Damn good deal for such a fine collection
Old 04-01-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetta Slow View Post
Two quick questions; 1) is this region-free and can play in a NA PS3 (I assume it is, but I figured I should ask anyway), and 2) How do you remove the VAT thing? Is removed automatically?

EDIT: nix question two, I just overlooked it on my checkout thing.
Yes, it's been reported by many who bought the UK version that the discs are the same as the US release, so no problems playing on a PS3. And it looks like you figured it out - VAT is removed at the stage where you say to ship to your US/Canada address, as since that it outside of the E.U., VAT is removed.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
Yes, it's been reported by many who bought the UK version that the discs are the same as the US release, so no problems playing on a PS3. And it looks like you figured it out - VAT is removed at the stage where you say to ship to your US/Canada address, as since that it outside of the E.U., VAT is removed.
Okay, thanks. I actually corrected myself when I actually looked at the full product page and it clearly says All Region My bad on that. Jumped on that deal so fast I didn't even bother reading the information
Old 04-01-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetta Slow View Post
Okay, thanks. I actually corrected myself when I actually looked at the full product page and it clearly says All Region My bad on that. Jumped on that deal so fast I didn't even bother reading the information
Actually, Amazon - and most online retailer's - specs are notoriously inaccurate for Blu-ray, as they usually just copy over the specs from the DVD listing. While Amazon UK does say All Regions, it also says "Format: Box set, PAL". PAL is European standard def, 576i resolution; these Blu-rays are 1080p24 high definition resolution.

A better site for checking Blu-ray region codes is:

http://www.blurayregioncodes.com/index.php?region=b

which list The Godfather Collection as Blu-ray region free.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:07 PM

damn, that's an awesome deal!!, I wish I could actually finish these movies. My collectors nature wants them even though I loathe the movies
Old 04-01-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
Actually, Amazon - and most online retailer's - specs are notoriously inaccurate for Blu-ray, as they usually just copy over the specs from the DVD listing. While Amazon UK does say All Regions, it also says "Format: Box set, PAL". PAL is European standard def, 576i resolution; these Blu-rays are 1080p24 high definition resolution.

A better site for checking Blu-ray region codes is:

http://www.blurayregioncodes.com/index.php?region=b

which list The Godfather Collection as Blu-ray region free.
Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind for the future