'Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series' LE is $149.99 at Amazon - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-30-2010, 11:59 AM

Default 'Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series' LE is $149.99 at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...X0DER&v=glance
Old 03-30-2010, 12:32 PM
formerly "SpazMedicine"

This set's packaging is all kinds of shitastic.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:38 PM

I'm guessing they're selling off the big box before the not limited complete series gets in. Which makes me thoroughly tempted to get it.

As for the packaging, I read somewhere that there's a box trade-in; send in the top flap and get the new cases. Don't remember where, though, so don't quote me on that. Chances are it was on this forum somewhere, just so I look dumb.

Edit: Ah, here we go, a source for the trade in:

www tvshowsondvd com/news/Battlestar-Galactica-The-Complete-Series/13300

(Not enough posts to link, put . in the appropriate spots)
Old 03-30-2010, 04:37 PM

140.21 shipped from amazon UK.......
Old 03-30-2010, 05:49 PM

I got this set last year and the Blu-rays are fantastic. The box itself is cool, but the way the discs are held is, well, pretty much nonexistent. But I got the new box already, which is very nice. I guess if the price is going to be the same it makes sense to wait, otherwise this is a good deal and you can send in for the new box.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:15 PM

Default Best Buy

For those who aren't fans of waiting for items to ship, Best Buy's website has the collection listed for the same price. If you can find a local store that has it in stock, they DO price match their own website. Snagged the set myself this past suday through this method.

Now to decide if I wanna sacrifice the look of this set to get the new packaging. I wish they offered some other method outside of destroying the season 1 box.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKoA View Post
For those who aren't fans of waiting for items to ship, Best Buy's website has the collection listed for the same price. If you can find a local store that has it in stock, they DO price match their own website. Snagged the set myself this past suday through this method.
As someone who requires immediate gratification, thanks. You may want to make a new thread for that.

On a side note, just checked the individual blu seasons - and I guess BSG can charge whatever they want. $50+ for a half season. That's just not right.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:23 PM

What a deal! At this price, those who waited are being rewarded kindly. I purchased in September and just received the new boxes from Universal....definitely an improvement from this one.

The show looks and sounds fantastic on blu-ray so if you don't have it yet, now is the time.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:57 PM

Quote:
What if I find a lower price at another Best Buy store or on BestBuy.com?
If an item you purchased at Best Buy is advertised at a lower price at another Best Buy store in your local area or on BestBuy.com, we'll refund you the price difference from our own sale price during the exchange and return period on your product. Simply bring in your original Best Buy receipt to the customer service counter while that lower price is still in effect.

What is an "online only offer?"
It is a product or a price that is only offered to online buyers. Best Buy does not match BestBuy.com online only offers in our stores.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage...=1118843518460
Old 03-31-2010, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaserov View Post
As someone who requires immediate gratification, thanks. You may want to make a new thread for that.

On a side note, just checked the individual blu seasons - and I guess BSG can charge whatever they want. $50+ for a half season. That's just not right.
Damn, where are you finding them for 50? Some of the standard DVD seasons are about 50...but even used when I find the BLU seasons, they're at least 70. Or in the case of the full seasons...around 90. So S1-90, S2.0-70ish, 2.5-70ish, 3-90, 4.0-70, 4.5-70....so all together the series would run around 460?? Yikes..