Park Chan-Wook's Vengeance Trilogy $40 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-25-2010, 10:01 PM

Default Park Chan-Wook's Vengeance Trilogy $40

I got Best Buy to price match the WalMart website price of the Vengeance trilogy. Only $40 for the Best Buy exclusive tin. Obviously not all Best Buys will price match website prices. But if near one that does have some copies in, doesn't hurt to try.
The Best Buy I went to (East Mesa, AZ) had two copies and both tins looked very good. Didn't see any dings or dents. Plus you get three bad ass movies!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:29 PM
Former Member

my local best buy won't even price match their own site sometimes, so unfortunately, this one isn't worth my effort. i want it, but the packaging matters not, and if i have to wait to get it at a fair price, i guess i will.

considering my local best buy would rather accuse customers of shoplifting than actually properly demagging product, asking them to do a single thing other than rape and pillage will never fly.

good good find for those who can get it
Old 03-26-2010, 09:09 AM

Is this a best-buy exclusive right now? I think it would be hard to get a store to pricematch since both Walmart.com and amazon.com list it as a preorder until June 10.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckydan View Post
Is this a best-buy exclusive right now? I think it would be hard to get a store to pricematch since both Walmart.com and amazon.com list it as a preorder until June 10.
It is a Best Buy exclusive right now.

I went in to Best Buy not expecting them to price match. I figured great if they do, oh well if they don't. Customer service girl didn't seem to care and just gave me the price match.

It is really going to depend on which Best Buy and which employee you get!
It's all luck.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:06 AM

I had no idea this was coming to blu-ray. My local best buy has it. I will be stopping there this afternoon. Thanks
Old 03-26-2010, 12:00 PM

I'm stopping by the BB in east Mesa this afternoon (Superstition). I'll give it a try. But you are right about getting the right employee at the right time.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffeman View Post
I'm stopping by the BB in east Mesa this afternoon (Superstition). I'll give it a try. But you are right about getting the right employee at the right time.
That's the one I did it at. Girl at the counter question it at all. If it didn't work there I was going to try the one at San Tan Mall.

It's not in any spot you would think to find it. Not alphabetical or in the blu ray sets. It does stand out a bit being a tin set. They had 1 left as of yesterday. Good luck. Haven't watched them yet, so can't say of PQ or AQ. But all three are great movies.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Banned

If you show them the walmart website via the mobile internet on your cell phone, it won't even show the June release date. That's what I did and they PM'd it without blinking.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:07 PM

I'd almost get this but already have the first film, and I'll wait for Oldboy to go back to 8.99, and get the third somewhere else.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmmaker View Post
If you show them the walmart website via the mobile internet on your cell phone, it won't even show the June release date. That's what I did and they PM'd it without blinking.
Yup, I just did the same thing they looked at my cellphone, and changed the price with no problem.