High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/ultra-hd-blu-ray-bargains-20/)
-   -   Best Buy $15 off 2 Disney Blu-Rays (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/ultra-hd-blu-ray-bargains/102059-best-buy-%2415-off-2-disney-blu-rays.html)

refresh_daemon 03-28-2010 04:45 PM

Best Buy $15 off 2 Disney Blu-Rays

Found it in their Sunday Ad (Los Angeles), but it doesn't work on all titles (didn't work on Ponyo for me). It may work on more titles than specified in the circular though, because it worked on Toy Story 2, although it wasn't listed.

Anyway, I didn't realize that there were huge deals on Toy Story 1 & 2 until today, but I did have a pair of $10 upgrade coupons and a $10 gift certificate, so I thought I'd give it a go at Best Buy. YMMV, because they didn't accept both the manufacturer's coupons with the in-store discount. They did accept both manufacturer's coupons though.

So:

$29.99x2=$59.98
-$20 manufacturer's coupons
-$10 gift card
=$29.98+tax for the two.

Not as good as the deals I saw in previous threads on TS1+2, but on the other hand, this extends to other Disney Blu-Rays, including Princess and the Frog, G-Force, Snow White, etc., so it might be interesting for those that have Best Buy gift cards/reward zone certificates that they need to burn.

Cheers,

r_d

RichGardner 03-28-2010 09:17 PM

Yeah if you kept your gift card, you could have got the both cheaper at Target. They're only 22.99 each there. Plus $10 off when you buy both, PLUS the Disney coupons.

jg14 03-30-2010 12:06 PM

They wouldn't take the coupons and give me the $10 off but they did price match to the lowest for each and then take the coupons off of each, so I still got a good deal.

Nathan0490 03-30-2010 04:09 PM

Paid around $16 w/ tax for both of these after coupons at Toys R Us

Krawk 04-07-2010 08:17 AM

With Best Buy's prices, you *need* $15 off to come close to other online retailers.
I still don't understand why they wouldn't accept the $10 off coupon as part of the payment... it's a manufacturer's coupon, BB gets face value plus handling fee reimbursement.

comixguru 04-07-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krawk (Post 1891168)
With Best Buy's prices, you *need* $15 off to come close to other online retailers.
I still don't understand why they wouldn't accept the $10 off coupon as part of the payment... it's a manufacturer's coupon, BB gets face value plus handling fee reimbursement.

I'd rather have a discount than have to do a rebate. Why shouldn't the store feel the same way... they'd rather have cash in hand than have to send away for it. FYI, coupons are processed by third parties who reject out of date and incorrect submissions. A coupon, like a rebate, is no guarantee of payment.

Also, I don't slight a store for taking a coupon that takes a price down to some tiny amount. I ran my own business and would not think twice about turning down coupons if I thought there was a chance I'd be out that money.

BackgroundActorman 04-07-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comixguru (Post 1891326)
I'd rather have a discount than have to do a rebate. Why shouldn't the store feel the same way... they'd rather have cash in hand than have to send away for it. FYI, coupons are processed by third parties who reject out of date and incorrect submissions. A coupon, like a rebate, is no guarantee of payment.

Also, I don't slight a store for taking a coupon that takes a price down to some tiny amount. I ran my own business and would not think twice about turning down coupons if I thought there was a chance I'd be out that money.

But when best buy's corporate offices has agreed to be a part of the coupon program, which they have as listed on the participating retailers website. Then its up to the store managers and district supervisors to make sure that employees and assitant managers are allowing them to be used.

It is also the stores responsiblity to make sure they are submited on time as well, and its been made very easy for retailers to verify that the coupons are legit as well.

Now if the execs at best buy decide one day that they no longer want to take part in the program then, they notify disney and others involved that way their name is removed from the participating retailers and they can just refuse to take them.
Frys is an example of a retailer that doesnt participate thus that is why they arent listed and refuse to accept them.

Best Buy,Wal Mart and Target though are all retailers that have agreed to take part in the program