Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Steelbook ( Futureshop Exclusive ) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-14-2009, 09:30 PM

Default Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Steelbook ( Futureshop Exclusive )

Another preview of the FutureShop Steelbook. This time it's Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Release Date: December 8th, 2009

This marks the 4th steelbook to come out on December 8th:

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Price
Public Enemies
Pirates of the Carribean ( English )
Pirates of the Carribean ( French )
Old 10-14-2009, 10:10 PM
O_o

I'm picking this up at FS, looks cool.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:21 PM

Yep it is nice, just too bad the other 4 arent steels at FS, and if you go German for the other 4 they dont match lol.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordTR View Post
Yep it is nice, just too bad the other 4 arent steels at FS, and if you go German for the other 4 they dont match lol.
I think I'll pass.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:06 PM

This actually isn't a steelbook, it's an iron case. Warner's went cheaper and is releasing this as an iron case at FS instead.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area51 View Post
This actually isn't a steelbook, it's an iron case. Warner's went cheaper and is releasing this as an iron case at FS instead.
Oh, bugger to Warner . I want my steelbook! Anyone know if there will be a German STEELBOOK for this title (as the previous 5 German steelbooks)?
Old 11-27-2009, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordTR View Post
Tell me about it. I'd buy this in a heartbeat, but with none of the others in steelbooks available and 2 more movies to come...I'm going to hold off on ALL of them until the final box set comes out.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area51 View Post
So is the iron case made out of different material than the steelbooks? I looked at the iron case today and it looked just like a steelbook...it's not simply that one is made of iron and one is made of steel is it? I'd feel really stupid if that's the case...er situation.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doozy View Post
Oh, bugger to Warner . I want my steelbook! Anyone know if there will be a German STEELBOOK for this title (as the previous 5 German steelbooks)?
Yes, it's a Media Markt exclusive. You'll need to buy one off e-bay or get someone in Germany to send you one.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMaustus View Post
So is the iron case made out of different material than the steelbooks? I looked at the iron case today and it looked just like a steelbook...it's not simply that one is made of iron and one is made of steel is it? I'd feel really stupid if that's the case...er situation.
Yes, some big differences, IMO....

1) the spine design is different

2) the Iron Case spine is actually metal, the steelbook plastic - which makes the Iron Case heavier

3) The clasp is different - folks are saying it's harder to open.

4) And some people have mentioned that numerous copies in store had some kind of damage or defect.