Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection") - Page 95 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-08-2016, 03:01 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: October 3, 2016

Studio: Entertainment One

Region: B

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook

Extras: NA

Technical Info: DTS-HD MA 7.1, AR 1.78:1 (16:9,) 5 BD-50 Discs

Synopsis: With no hope of safety in Alexandria, Rick and his band of survivors soon discover a larger world beyond what they understood it to be. In this new reality, there are new dangers, new opportunities and new complexities and face. To claim their place in this newfound landscape, the group must become the threat themselves, as terrifying as any of the adversaries they've encountered.

Comments: Region-Coding - Previous releases of other season with reported results have been listed as region B (locked)

Spoiler
Old 09-08-2016, 03:12 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: October 10, 2016

Studio: Paramount

Region: Free*

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Slipcase Steelbook (Limited to 2000 Copies) Blu-ray

Extras:
Working With The Coens
The Making Of No Country For Old Men
Diary Of A Country Sheriff

Technical Info: LPCM 5.1, AR 2.39:1, 1 BD-50 disc

Synopsis: Acclaimed filmmakers Joel and Ethan Coen deliver a gripping and ambitious film in this sizzling and supercharged action-thriller. When a man stumbles on a bloody crime scene, a pickup truck loaded with heroin, and two million dollars in irresistible cash, his decision to take the money sets off an unstoppable chain reaction of violence. Not even West Texas law can contain it. Based on the novel by Pulitzer Prize-winning author Cormac McCarthy, and featuring an acclaimed cast led by Tommy Lee Jones, this gritty game of cat and mouse will take you to the edge of your seat and beyond — right up to its heart stopping final moment.

Comments: Region Coding - Previous releases have been Region-Free, it is highly unlikely that they will create a new disc just to region lock this release.

Spoiler

Old 09-08-2016, 03:16 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: October 10, 2016

Studio: Universal Studios

Region: Free*

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Slipcase Steelbook (Limited to 2000 Copies) Blu-ray

Extras:
Feature Commentary with Franc Roddam, Phil Daniels and Leslie Ash
A Way of Life: Making Quadrophenia
On Location With Franc

Technical Info: DTS-HD MA 5.1, AR 1.85:1, 1 BD-50 Disc

Synopsis: LONDON, 1964

Two rival youth cults emerge - the mods and the rockers - with explosive consequences. For Jimmy (Phil Daniels) and his sharp-suited, pill-popping, scooter-riding mates, being a mod is a way of life, it's their generation. Together they head off to Brighton for an orgy of drugs, thrills and headline-making, violent clashes with the rockers.

Set to the music of The Who's seminal rock opera, Quadrophenia is still one of the most definitive films of its time, vividly capturing the youth culture of Britain in the 1960's.

Comments: *Region Coding - Previous releases have been Region-Free, it is highly unlikely that they will create a new disc just to region lock this release.

Spoiler
Old 09-08-2016, 03:23 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: November 7, 2016

Studio: Sony Pictures

Region: Free

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition Steelbook Blu-ray

Extras: Steelbook Finish: Spider-Man - Matt Varnish/Creative White Base/Emboss Spiderman & Title/Spot UV Spiderman

Spider Sense Trivia Challenge game
Cast & Filmmaker Commentaries
“Spider-Man: The Mythology of the 21st Century” featurette
“Making of Spider-Man” HBO featurette
Blooper Reel
Music Video
Plus more!

Technical Info: DTS-HD MA 5.1, AR 1.85:1, 1 BD-50 Disc

Synopsis: Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) is an ordinary guy who lives with his beloved aunt and uncle and quietly pines for the girl next door, Mary Jane (Kirsten Dunst). But when a genetically-modified 'super-spider' bites him while on a school trip, Peter develops unusual skills - fantastic acrobatic strength, supernatural awareness and a talent for web-spinning. It's not until tragedy strikes at home that Peter decides to use his new powers to fight crime under a secret identity: SPIDER-MAN! When the evil Green Goblin (Willem Dafoe) attacks the good people of New York and endangers the life of Mary Jane, Peter commits himself to the ultimate tests: to thwart his arch-enemy and to win the heart of the girl that he loves.

Comments: Region-Coding - Listed as region-free, previous releases were region-free as well

Spoiler

Old 09-08-2016, 03:27 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: November 14, 2016

Extras: Steelbook Finish: Spider-Man 2 - Matt Varnish/Creative White Base/Emboss Spiderman & Title/Spot UV Spiderman & Webs

Director’s Extended Cut
“Making The Amazing Greater Power, Greater Responsibility” featurette
Blooper Reel
Visual Effects Breakdown
Plus more!

Technical Info: DTS-HD MA 5.1, AR 2.40:1, 1 BD-50 Disc

Synopsis: Two years have passed, and the mild-mannered Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) faces new challenges as he struggles to balance his life as the elusive superhero Spider-Man. Tormented by his secrets, Peter is in danger of losing all those that he holds dear. His love for MJ (Kirsten Dunst) becomes stronger and his friendship with Harry Osborn (James Franco) is complicated by the young Osborn's bitterness over his father's death. These relationships are now in danger of unravelling when he confronts a new nemesis, the brilliant Otto Octavius (Alfred Molina), who has been reincarnated as the multi-tentacled 'Doc Ock'.

Comments: Region-Coding - Listed as region-free, previous releases were region-free as well

Spoiler

Old 09-08-2016, 03:31 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: November 21, 2016

Extras: Steelbook Finish: Spider-Man 3 - Matt Varnish/Creative White Base/Emboss Spiderman & Title/Spot UV Spiderman

Blooper Reel
Concept Galleries
Music Video
Plus more!

Technical Info: Dolby TrueHD 5.1, AR 2.40:1, 1 BD-50 Disc

Synopsis: Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) has finally managed to strike a balance between his devotion to M.J. (Kirsten Dunst) and his duties as a superhero. But when his suit suddenly changes, turning jet-black and enhancing his powers, it transforms Peter, bringing out a dark vengeful side that he struggles to control. He must now battle his inner demons as two of the most-feared villains yet, Sandman (Thomas Haden Church) and Venom (Topher Grace), gather unparalleled power and a thirst for revenge which threatens Peter and everyone he loves.

Spoiler

Old 09-10-2016, 11:35 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Looks like we missed out on Saturday's Ultra Limited release for Boyz N' The Hood, Project PopArt
http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/boyz-n-.../11335304.html
Old 09-11-2016, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Looks like we missed out on Saturday's Ultra Limited release for Boyz N' The Hood, Project PopArt
http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/boyz-n-.../11335304.html
Well, actually *rubs the back of his head awkwardly*, I grabbed it.

I did mean to mention it here, but I kinda sorta forgot? Well, not many people on here seem keen on PopArt designs anyway, so I might have been the only one to buy it anyway.

TBH, the only reason I grabbed it was because of its apparent rarity. I've no idea if I'm ever going to open it TBH.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:55 PM

Another Ultra Limited (500) pop-art steelbook, this time it's Pineapple Express.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:35 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of Death View Post
TBH, the only reason I grabbed it was because of its apparent rarity. I've no idea if I'm ever going to open it TBH.
I always tell myself when I am buying something I don't need that it will gain in value someday too. Hey, maybe it will. The crap I buy though would I want to part with? I keep telling myself yes but so far I have not.
I absolutely HATE Mondo art but I bought the Labyrinth steelbook way back when.