Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection") - Page 84 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-26-2016, 11:39 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: May 9, 2016

Studio: StudioCanal

Region: B

Zavvi Description: Limited to 2000 Copies

Extras: NA

Technical Info: Previous release: LPCM 2.0, AR 1.66:1, 50Gb Disc

Synopsis: Hobbs End, Knightsbridge, London. Whilst working on a new subway tunnel for the London Underground a group of construction workers uncover a strangely shaped skull amongst the rubble. Nearby is another discovery: a large, mysterious and impenetrable metal object. Initially mistaken for an unexploded bomb the origins of the object and its strange power are far more horrific and terrifying than anybody could have possibly imagined. Is it of this earth? Could it be the ancestral link to mankind’s evolution? Or could it be an ancient link to unleashing ultimate evil? There’s only one man capable of unravelling the clues, his name is Professor Bernard Quatermass, a man of science who thrives on the dark mysteries of the world, a man with answers.

Written by legendary screenwriter Nigel Kneale, Quatermass and The Pit is a seminal British sci-fi classic. Highly influential, it’s renowned for its creepy plot and eerie, disturbing atmosphere. There is nothing else like it.

Comments: As is a StudioCanal release, very likely a region B locked release. Movie also known as Five Million Years to Earth

Spoiler

Old 04-29-2016, 09:57 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Lenticular Release for 2017 Available HERE

Street Date: September 5, 2016

Studio: Disney

Region: Free*

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition

Extras: Includes 2D Version

Technical Info: SPECULATIVE: DTS-HD MA 7.1, AR 2.35:1, 2 x 50Gb Discs

Synopsis: Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War” finds Steve Rogers leading the newly formed team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. But after another incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability, headed by a governing body to oversee and direct the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers, resulting in two camps—one led by Steve Rogers and his desire for the Avengers to remain free to defend humanity without government interference, and the other following Tony Stark’s surprising decision to support government oversight and accountability.

Comments: As is a Disney release and based on previous releases, these discs are expected to be region-free. Artwork TBD. As with all other Marvel releases, these sell out very fast in the UK.

Spoiler

Old 04-29-2016, 10:25 AM

I really hate the Disney UK SteelBooks without the movie title written anywhere on them. I feel confident that essentially the same case but with the title on it will make its way to Best Buy here.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:40 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
I really hate the Disney UK SteelBooks without the movie title written anywhere on them. I feel confident that essentially the same case but with the title on it will make its way to Best Buy here.
I agree. Fortunately it being a Marvel title it also usually means we will get the 3D combo release.
My worst Steelbook with regard to did title on the spine is StudioCanal's release of T2. Not only is there no title on the spine but it appears to be a void there, not even a blank spine snapped in place.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
I agree. Fortunately it being a Marvel title it also usually means we will get the 3D combo release.
I assume you mean it probably won't get the 3D?

If the 3D conversion on this is as poor as the one for Winter Soldier, that won't be much of a loss. The only Marvel movies that actually benefit from 3D are Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man, IMO.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:07 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Saturday's reveal is for Justice League Vs Teen Titans
http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/justice.../11274841.html
Old 05-07-2016, 10:20 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Saturday's Reveal is Gang Related
No, I don't mean gang related, I mean the name of the movie is Gang Related! Yeah it has Tupac in it so I see why you're confused. Oh Never Mind!
http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/gang-re.../11274759.html
Old 05-12-2016, 04:39 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: July 11, 2016

Studio: Warner Brothers

Region: Free*

Zavvi Description: Limited to 1000 Copies

Extras: UV Code

Technical Info: Likely: Dolby Digital 5.1, AR 1.78:1, 2 x 50Gb Discs

Synopsis: Frustrated and disillusioned about his work alongside the Justice League, Robin is forced into a new position with a younger super team, the Teen Titans. Readily welcomed aboard, he is immediately intrigued by the mysterious Raven and the unnatural force that looms over them - her father, Trigon - a deceptive being powerful enough to destroy Metropolis by pitting the mighty Justice League against the Teen Titans. With loyalties on the line and lives in the balance, the super hero showdown will pit Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg against the likes of Beast Boy, Starfire, Blue Beetle and Nightwing. Only true teamwork will end the threat in this all-new DC Universe adventure!

Comments: Region-Coding - Likely region-free as is a Warner Brothers release :smile:

Spoiler

Old 05-12-2016, 04:43 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: August 22, 2016

Studio: 101 Films

Region: B

Zavvi Description: Limited Edition Steelbook

Extras: Movie Poster

Technical Info: LPCM 2.0, AR 2.35/2.39:1, 25Gb Disc

Synopsis: Two killers are hiding where no one will ever find them....behind their badges! Tupac Shakur (in his final film role) and James Belushi are two corrupt police detectives caught in a dangerous web of deceit in this gritty, smart and tough (CBS-TV) action thriller that will hold you in its grip from start to finish.

Detectives Divinci (Belushi) and Rodriguez (Shakur) practice their own deadly brand of street justice: they set up drug deals, seize the money for themselves and then murder the dealers. It's a lucrative racket that has worked without a hitch for months. But when they discover their latest victim was an undercover officer with the Drug Enforcement Agency, the two corrupt cops are forced to initiate a dangerous scheme to save their own lives. And as their foolproof plan begins to spiral out of control, Divinci and Rodrigues are trapped in a tornado of suspicion, betrayal and murder in which they can trust no one.....not even each other.

Comments: As is a 101 Films release, likely will be region locked

Spoiler

Old 05-13-2016, 01:17 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: August 22, 2016

Studio: 101 Films

Region: Free

Zavvi Description: Limited Edition Steelbook

Extras: Movie Poster

Technical Info: 2 Disc Set

Synopsis:

GHOULIES

Take a creepy old Hollywood mansion, a naive young man and a pretty girl. Add an over-the-top orgy and some slimy, winged goblins who crawl out of toilets, and you have Ghoulies, a horrifying and hilarious ride into the darkest regions of hell! Conjured during a party thrown by the mansion’s new owner, the hairy, fanged demons waste no time wreaking havoc on the scene: and declaring the unsuspecting owner their new lord and master! Peter Liapis (Ghost Warrior), Lisa Pelkin (Jennifer), Michael Des Barres (Waxwork II, Under Siege) and Jack Nance (Eraserhead, Twin Peaks) star in this fanged frenzy of sharp twists and eye-popping shocks that’ll get you where it counts!

GHOULIES II

The demonic, toilet-dwelling goblins are back! Stowed away in Satan's Den, the traveling House of Horror operated by carnival workers Larry and Uncle Ned, the Ghoulies merrily devour the sideshow attraction’s patrons... until Larry realizes his horror house is for real and tries to flee the scene! Deliciously outrageous special effects and over-the-top antics ratchet up the horrific fun! Kerry Remsen (Pumpkinhead), Phil Fondacaro (Troll), William Butler (1990’s Night Of The Living Dead) and Royal Dano (Big Bad Mama) star in this creepy, crawly sequel that’s got every bit as big a bite as the original!

Comments: Region Coding region-free confirmed. As is a very recent release for the UK, expect same source as Scream Factory's release.

Spoiler