Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection") - Page 80 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-03-2016, 05:06 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Updated cover art for Star Wars - The Force Awakens.

SURPRISE - In line with the other 6 steelbooks already out and identical to Best Buy's.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:02 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: March 28, 2016

Studio: BBC/2Entertain

Region: AB*

Zavvi Description: Limited to 2000

Extras: NA

Technical Info: DTS-HD MA 2.0, AR 1.85:1, 2x50 Gb Discs

Synopsis: Peaky Blinders is an epic gangster drama set in the lawless streets of post-war Birmingham on the cusp of the 1920s. Thomas Shelby controls the Peaky Blinders, one of the city's most feared and successful criminal organisations, but his ambitions go beyond running the streets. Crime pays, business pays better.

Comments: Previous release is region AB confirmed, untested with C

Spoiler

Old 03-03-2016, 07:07 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: March 28, 2016

Studio: BBC/2Entertain

Region: NA

Zavvi Description: Limited to 2000

Extras: NA

Technical Info: DTS-HD MA 2.0, AR 1.78:1, 2x50GB discs

Synopsis: What if your worst enemy was your own conscience?

Starring Idris Elba (The Wire) Luther is a deeply thrilling crime series, crackling with energy, distinctive characters and snappy, clever dialogue. On a moral crusade, too often with only his convictions for company, John Luther is a deeply troubled man, a philosophical cop possessed by the insoluble problem of evil and justice in a Godless world. Confronting depravity in its many terrible forms, over a succession of psychological duels between hunter and hunted, perpetrator and prey, Luther reveals his capacity for violence as well as kindness; his sudden vulnerability and dizzying, visionary mind; why his wife left him for another man, and why his colleagues are frequently left open-mouthed in awe. As the stakes get ever higher and more personal, Luther's lonely path pulls him towards the very edge of temptation. Will the relentless pursuit of light tip him into the ultimate darkness?

Comments: Likely region free but no guarantee, proceed with caution

Spoiler

Old 03-04-2016, 06:44 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Today Zavvi has revealed IP Man Trilogy - however it does not indicate "Zavvi Exclusive" which could be in error. For now though I am not creating a template for it unless it becomes Exclusive.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:12 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Saturday's reveal was for Planet Earth
Presumably for the already released one from a few years ago. There is a new one coming but I thought it was still being produced.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:16 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Sunday's Reveal is for Red Dwarf X
Old 03-10-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Still one of my favorite reviews I ever wrote:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/22713/ultraviolet/
Strangely, I kind of like this movie. It's like a lost Resident Evil movie. I fully admit that on most levels, it's just garbage, but I can't help but like watching Milla Jovovich... (and I just received the Steelbook in the mail yesterday - it is a very nice looking case in person.)
Old 03-10-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
I can't help but like watching Milla Jovovich...
I hear you on that, but she doesn't even look very good in that movie.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:20 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: April 11, 2016

Studio: BBC/2Entertain Video

Region: Free*

Zavvi Description: Limited to 2000 Copies

Extras: Planet Earth - The Future

A companion to the series Planet Earth, this documentary looks at what the future may hold for endangered animals, habitats and - ultimately - ourselves. Following the environmental issues raised by the groundbreaking series, it asks why so many species are threatened and how can they be protected in future?

Technical Info: DD 5.1 or DTS-HD HR 5.1, AR 1.78:1, 5 Discs

Synopsis: Narrated by David Attenborough

“Every few years we are treated to a series so compelling that it puts all other shows in the shade … Every single second of these epic new films is a joy to behold … mind blowing…” Daily Mirror

From the team behind the multi-award-winning The Blue Planet comes this epic series celebrating the Earth as never before. Embracing the world’s incredible landscapes and fascinating wildlife, Planet Earth takes the definitive look at the diversity of our planet.

Four years in the making, with a budget of unprecedented proportions, Planet Earth has stretched the boundaries of natural history television. High definition photography, revolutionary ultra-high speed cameras and detailed images from the air enabled the series to capture the most amazing footage ever seen.

This stunning television experience combines rare action, unimaginable scale, impossible locations and intimate moments with our planet’s best-loved, wildest and most elusive creatures. From the highest mountains to the deepest rivers, this blockbuster series takes you on an unforgettable journey through the challenging seasons and the daily struggle for survival in Earth's most extreme habitats. Prepare to be overwhelmed by the beauty of Planet Earth.

“As good as you want it to be … Expect everything from underwater elephants to mountains of guano and a snow leopard in attack mode... Pure class.” Guardian

Comments: Previous releases are both region free. Unclear which version this one is, which audio and disc capacity.

Spoiler

Old 03-10-2016, 08:26 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: April 11, 2016

Studio: 2Entertain

Region: Free

Zavvi Description: Limited to 2000 Copies

Extras: Packed with over 150 minutes of extras including an exclusive feature length making-of documentary, deleted scenes and a brand-spanking-new collection of ‘Smeg Ups’.

Technical Info: DTS-HD MA 5.1, AR 1.78:1, 2x50Gb Discs

Synopsis: Space battles, quantum entanglement, and love triangles with snack dispensers, are just some of the problems facing the boys as they return on the small rouge one.

Rimmer receives an SOS distress call from an old foe and is suddenly faced with the dilemma of his life. Lister grapples with the problem of being his own father, gets romantically involved with snack dispensers 23 and 34, while Kryten and Cat become quantum entangled forcing them to do everything in unison. The posse also find themselves marooned in 23 AD where they rescue a famous historical figure with a beard.
Includes the episodes:

Trojan
Fathers and Suns
Lemons
Entangled
Dear Dave
The Beginning

Comments: Previous release is region free

Spoiler