Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection") - Page 78 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-14-2016, 01:07 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Okay Josh, I get it and you will expect me to hate it! The front cover is a bit ugly but probably more so of the ugly color than anything. To anyone that's watched the movie it signifies the Golden Ticket. The back cover is more like the title implies. Previous covers are always of Ahnold holding his big gun!
Old 02-16-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Okay Josh, I get it and you will expect me to hate it! The front cover is a bit ugly but probably more so of the ugly color than anything. To anyone that's watched the movie it signifies the Golden Ticket. The back cover is more like the title implies. Previous covers are always of Ahnold holding his big gun!
I actually agree with you on this one. The color is too gaudy and I'm not digging the ticket theme.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:22 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
I actually agree with you on this one. The color is too gaudy and I'm not digging the ticket theme.
Actually, back cover is very similar to previous releases but what was once the scene on a corner of the package is actually the whole cover.

Maybe if the golden ticket is metallic gloss to look golden it will not be so bad.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:26 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: May 16, 2016

Studio: Warner Bros.

Region: Free*

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook

Extras:

Technical Info: Likely: DTS-HD MA 7.1, AR 2.35:1, 50Gb Disc

Synopsis: From Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures, Warner Bros. Pictures and New Line Cinema comes award-winning filmmaker Ryan Coogler’s “Creed.” The film reunites Coogler with his “Fruitvale Station” star Michael B. Jordan as the son of Apollo Creed, and explores a new chapter in the “Rocky” story, starring Academy Award nominee Sylvester Stallone in his iconic role.

Adonis Johnson (Jordan) never knew his famous father, world heavyweight champion Apollo Creed, who died before he was born. Still, there’s no denying that boxing is in his blood, so Adonis heads to Philadelphia, the site of Apollo Creed’s legendary match with a tough upstart named Rocky Balboa.

Once in the City of Brotherly Love, Adonis tracks Rocky (Stallone) down and asks him to be his trainer. Despite his insistence that he is out of the fight game for good, Rocky sees in Adonis the strength and determination he had known in Apollo—the fierce rival who became his closest friend. Agreeing to take him on, Rocky trains the young fighter, even as the former champ is battling an opponent more deadly than any he faced in the ring.

With Rocky in his corner, it isn’t long before Adonis gets his own shot at the title…but can he develop not only the drive but also the heart of a true fighter, in time to get into the ring?

“Creed” also stars Tessa Thompson (“Selma,” “Dear White People”) as Bianca, a local singer-songwriter who becomes involved with Adonis; Phylicia Rashad (Lifetime’s “Steel Magnolias”) as Mary Anne Creed, Apollo’s widow; and English pro boxer and former three-time ABA Heavyweight Champion Anthony Bellew as boxing champ “Pretty” Ricky Conlan.

Ryan Coogler directs from a screenplay he wrote with Aaron Covington, based on a story by Coogler. The film is being produced by Irwin Winkler, Robert Chartoff, Charles Winkler, William Chartoff, David Winkler, Kevin King-Templeton and Sylvester Stallone, with Nicolas Stern executive producing.

Comments: Although listed as region B, this one is a Warner Bros release and is pretty likely going to be region AB or region-free. If MGM has any say-so then it will be locked B

Spoiler

Old 02-16-2016, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Actually, back cover is very similar to previous releases but what was once the scene on a corner of the package is actually the whole cover.
I still don't like the gold border around it. Looks tacky.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:40 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: May 9, 2016

Studio: NBC/Universal

Region: Free*

Zavvi Description: Limited to 1000 Copies

Extras:
Deleted Scenes
Heroes Reborn: Reliving The Legacy
Dark Matters Webisodes

Technical Info: Likely: DTS-HD MA 5.1, AR 1.78:1, 3 x 50Gb Discs.

Synopsis: Experience the epic 13-episode event series, Heroes Reborn, from the creator, Tim Kring, who imagined the global phenomenon, Heroes series. Heroes Reborn begins a year ago, in Odessa, Texas after a terrorist attack leaves the city decimated. Those with extraordinary abilities are blamed for this tragic event forcing them into hiding or on the run from those with evil motives. For better or for worse, some are fated to cross paths with the original heroes from the past, including Hiro Nakamura (Masi Oka), Matt Parkman (Greg Grunberg), Mohinder Suresh (Sendhil Ramamurthy) and The Haitian (Jimmy Jean-Louis), among others. Yet, together, their ultimate destiny is nothing less than saving the world and mankind.

Comments: *As is a Universal release, very likely will be region-free

Spoiler

Old 02-17-2016, 02:41 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

^^^ Pretty cover art, but is same as standard USA release -- hope they remember to put the title on the spine!!
Old 02-17-2016, 04:01 PM

I grabbed the Heroes Reborn one. Bit of a no-brainer, seeing as I want to watch more of it, and it's a relative bargain considering there are Zavvi steelbook movies that go for that much.

Glad it includes the Webisodes. Hope everything is subbed.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:51 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I preordered Heroes as well, there's always that choice to cancel later.
If they change the cover art to match the standard UK releases, I will cancel. The standard UK has the entire cast on the front cover. That cool looking cover.
Old 02-19-2016, 08:38 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Received my copy of Labyrinth - One of Zavvi's first slip covered steelbooks. It looks similar to a Neo cover.

Region Free of course