Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection") - Page 57 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-29-2015, 12:14 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Street Date: November 9, 2015

Studio: Disney

Region: All-Region*

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Edition Steelbook Blu-ray

Extras: NA

Technical Info: Previous Release: LPCM 5.1, AR 2.40:1, 50GB Region-Free Disc

Synopsis: Climb aboard for wacky, irreverent fun with The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy on Blu-ray's high definition disc. Based on Douglas Adams' best-selling novel, this cosmic comedy soars in this awe-inspiring new format.

Seconds before Earth is destroyed, mild-mannered Arthur Dent is whisked into space by a friendly alien in human form to search for answers to the mystery of life, the universe and everything. Experience thrilling effects and intergalactic misadventures in astonishing 1080p, and feel the impact of every supernova with enhanced audio. It's a wild, out-of-this-world ride with Blu-ray High Definition.

Comments: Region-Coding - As is a Disney title and previous release is region free, this will likely be same exact disc. Click top image to purchase.

Spoiler

Old 08-29-2015, 05:35 PM

Grabbed Hitchhikers the moment I saw it. I have it on DVD, but I've been wanting it on BD for a while. Shame that I've seen it recently, will make me disinclined to watch it again anytime soon. Maybe November will be long enough a wait, but probably not, maybe sometime next year I'll get around to taking it out of the shrinkwrap and actually watching it XD
Old 08-30-2015, 04:49 PM

Hitchhiker's steelbook looks nice! Hope the inside artwork looks just as good.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:40 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

National Treasure 2

Street Date: November 9, 2015

Studio: Disney

Region: AB*

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Edition Steelbook

Extras: NA

Technical Info: Previous Release: DTS-HD MA 5.1, AR 2.40:1, 50GB Region AB Disc

Synopsis: From the producer of Pirates Of The Caribbean comes National Treasure, the thrilling, edge-of-your-seat adventure starring Academy Award winner Nicolas Cage, and featuring amazing special effects and an outstanding supporting cast. As an obsessed treasure hunter (Cage) tries to find and decipher ancient riddles that will lead him to the greatest treasure known to man, he's dogged by a ruthless enemy who wants it for himself. Heart-pounding chases and close calls turn his quest into a high-stakes crime caper and the most exciting treasure hunt you've ever experienced.

National Treasure: Book of Secrets

Join Nicolas Cage on a heart-pounding adventure that will have you on the edge of your seat in a race to find the Lost City of Gold. Grounded in history, imbued with myth and mystery, Disney's National Treasure 2: Book Of Secrets takes you on a globe-trotting quest full of adrenaline-pumping twists and turns - all leading to the final clue in a mysterious and highly guarded book containing centuries of secrets. But there's only one way to find it - Ben Gates must kidnap the President.

Packed with fast-paced action and crackling humor, National Treasure 2: Book Of Secrets is a movie your entire family will want to rediscover again and again.

Comments: *Region Coding - As previous release is region AB, this will not likely be a new disc just for sakes of region locking it to B! Click top image to purchase.

Spoiler

Old 09-02-2015, 04:25 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Cover art and release date now available for Tomorrowland.

UGH - they've f'uglified the front over!
Old 09-02-2015, 04:28 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Avengers: Age of Ultron cover art updated. Now is the same as Best Buy's release, now I do not feel so bad for missing out on this zavvi exclusive.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:43 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Updated release date and cover art for Terminator: Genisys

Yeah yeah yeah, I saw Josh had it updated on the blog a couple weeks ago, anyway, prefer the original version.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Cover art and release date now available for Tomorrowland.

UGH - they've f'uglified the front over!
I don't remember how it looked before, but it seems alright to me. Straightforward design reflecting an in-universe logo.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Avengers: Age of Ultron cover art updated. Now is the same as Best Buy's release, now I do not feel so bad for missing out on this zavvi exclusive.
I think I'll leave my Zavvi preorder in place. At least I'll be guaranteed to actually receive a copy. Best Buy's Mad Max Steelbook seems to be a major fiasco.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
I think I'll leave my Zavvi preorder in place. At least I'll be guaranteed to actually receive a copy. Best Buy's Mad Max Steelbook seems to be a major fiasco.
I got my copy in the mail today. I'll be watching it tonight.