Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection") - Page 53 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-21-2015, 08:38 AM

As to the Trilogy Set, they either sold out within a few hours (I got the e-mail a couple of hours before I checked and they listed the trilogy set as 'sold out'), or they have yet to start selling it.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:17 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of Death View Post
As to the Trilogy Set, they either sold out within a few hours (I got the e-mail a couple of hours before I checked and they listed the trilogy set as 'sold out'), or they have yet to start selling it.
Agreed. Another one of those instant sold out titles that go to scalpers or premature advertising.
I don't think the trilogy gives you anything extra except an ugly Mondo inspired cover art.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:47 AM

@Krawk & @TheHDPhantom - I can confirm that X-Men: Days of Future Past is region A/B, but not C. States that on the disk/case, and also when you try to boot it up in region C (That it will play in Region A and B, but not C).
Old 07-23-2015, 02:45 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
@Krawk & @TheHDPhantom - I can confirm that X-Men: Days of Future Past is region A/B, but not C. States that on the disk/case, and also when you try to boot it up in region C (That it will play in Region A and B, but not C).
Thanks- Fixed.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:40 AM

Inside Out 3D
(Includes 2D Version + EXCLUSIVE BONUS DISC!)

Street Date: November 23, 2015

Studio: Walt Disney Studios

Region: N/A

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook

Extras:

2D Disc 1

Lava
Riley`s First Date
Audio Commentary with Director Pete Docter, Co-Director Ronnie Del Carmen and Producer Jonas Rivera
Paths to Pixar: The Women of Inside Out
Mixed Emotions

Exclusive 2D Disc 2

Story or the Story
Mapping the Mind
Our Dads The Filmmakers
Into the Unknown: The Sound of Inside Out
The Misunderstood Art of Animation Film Editing
Deleted Scenes with Intros and Outros
Mind Candy
Selected Score
Remember trailer
Experience trailer
Japan Trailer

Technical Info: N/A

Synopsis: After young Riley is uprooted from her Midwest life and moved to San Francisco, her emotions - Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness - conflict on how best to navigate a new city, house, and school.

Comments: Will likely end up as part of the Pixar Collection line, though currently it is not listed as so. When/if it is officially brought under that line, this will be moved over to the appropriate thread. The Artwork is NOT final.

Spoiler

Old 07-24-2015, 12:25 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

^^^ did you snag one? Already listed as Sold Out. I suspect this one is a throttled release though.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:55 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

National Treasure

Street Date: October 19, 2015

Studio: Disney/Touchstone

Region: Free*

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook - Limited to 2000 Copies.

Extras: Previous Edition:
Mission History
Audio Commentary With Director Jon Tuteltaub And Actor Justin Bartha
Alternate Ending With Optional Director's Audio Commentary
Deleted Scenes With Optional Director's Audio Commentary
Seven Featurette Gems

Technical Info: Previous Release: Dolby TrueHD 5.1, AR 2.40:1, 50GB region-free disc

Synopsis: From producer Jerry Bruckheimer (Pirates Of The Caribbean trilogy) and director Jon Turteltaub (Phenomenon) comes the ultimate quest for National Treasure. Academy Award winner Nicolas Cage (Best Actor, Leaving Las Vegas, 1995) stars in this thrilling adventure that's more exciting than ever on Disney Blu-ray Disc.

Obsessed since childhood with finding the legendary Knights Templar treasure, Benjamin Franklin Gates (Cage) tries to decipher ancient riddles that will lead him to it. Now, in a race against time, Gates discovers he must steal the Declaration of Independence to prevent this landmark document - and a key clue to the mysterious treasure - from falling into the hands of a ruthless enemy (Sean Bean, The Lord Of The Rings trilogy)!

Comments: Previous release is region free and this is likely to be the same exact disc. Click top image to purchase.

Spoiler

Old 07-26-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
^^^ did you snag one? Already listed as Sold Out. I suspect this one is a throttled release though.
Naturally I did. This is one steel I expect to go fast, regardless. Just like Frozen.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:02 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Naturally I did. This is one steel I expect to go fast, regardless. Just like Frozen.
I was able to get TWO copies of Frozen. I did it by mistake but they kept the order. I hope I can get Inside Out without going thru a scalper.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:02 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Naked Lunch

Street Date: August 3, 2015

Studio: StudioCanal

Region: B

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook

Extras: NA

Technical Info: Criterion (USA) release has: DTS-HD MA 2.0, AR 1.78:1 (cropped), Region Locked 50GB Disc

Synopsis: After developing an addiction to the substance he uses to kill bugs, an exterminator accidentally murders his wife and becomes involved in a secret government plot being orchestrated by giant bugs in a port town in North Africa.

Comments: Region Coding will likely be region B locked as this is a StudioCanal release and a majority of their titles are locked (assholes.) Release date is likely in error as the general release is August 17, 2015. Click top image to purchase.

Spoiler