Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection") - Page 42 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-19-2015, 08:39 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

John Carter 3D

Street Date: September 14, 2015

Studio: Disney

Region: ABC*

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition

Extras:
360 Degrees of John Carter
100 Years in the Making
Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Director Andrew Stanton
Barsroom Bloopers
Audio Commentary with Director Andrew Stanton and Producers Jim Morris and Lindsey Collins
Includes 2D version

Technical Info: Previously: (lossy) DTS-HD HR 7.1, AR 2.40:1, 2x50GB Discs

Synopsis: From Academy Award-winning filmmaker Andrew Stanton (Best Animated Film, WALL-E, 2008) comes John Carter - a sweeping action-adventure set on the mysterious and exotic planet of Barsoom (Mars). Based on Edgar Rice Burroughs' classic novel, John Carter is a war-weary, former military captain who's inexplicably transported to Mars and reluctantly becomes embroiled in an epic conflict. It's a world on the brink of collapse, and Carter rediscovers his humanity when he realizes the survival of Barsoom and its people rests in his hands. Stunning special effects, great characters and villains - and complete with extraordinary bonus features - John Carter is a heroic and inspirational adventure that will thrill you beyond imagination.

Comments: Region-Coding: Will likely be region-free (Thanks Disney.) USA Version had lossless audio, doubtful they will use same discs.

Spoiler

Old 04-20-2015, 07:35 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Don't Look Now

Street Date: May 30, 2015

Studio: StudioCanal

Region: B

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook. Limited to 2000 Copies.

Extras: NA

Technical Info: Previous Release: LPCM 2.0, AR 1.85:1, 50GB Disc

Synopsis: Donít look now tells the story of an English couple, John (Donald Sutherland) and Laura Baxter (Julie Christie) who are still grieving over the tragic death of their daughter who drowned not far from their home in England. In a bid to put the past behind them and finally move on they relocate to Venice where they believe there will be no reminders of their beloved daughterís horrific death.

Not long after arriving John and Laura meet two elderly sisters, one of whom believes herself to be physic and insists that she has seen the spirit of John and Lauraís daughter. She also insists that John has the physic ability also and must leave the city as he is in great danger. Laura becomes concerned but John doesnít believe any of it and is unfazed.

Soon after this John begins to worry for his sanity as he starts to see disturbing images of his daughter walking the streets in a red coat. As John becomes more and more intrigued Laura becomes more concerned about his well-being as a series of murders take place in the city.

Donít look now was the third film from visionary director Nicolas Roeg (Performance) and was one of the most powerful and enterprising movies of the 1970ís well known for its notorious sex scene between Sutherland and Christie. (Matt Fairfield)

Comments: Region-Coding-likely region B locked as was previous release, StudioCanal has this habit.

Spoiler

Old 04-23-2015, 06:58 AM

Avengers: Age of Ultron 3D

Street Date: September 14, 2015

Studio: Disney/Buena Vista

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook - Limited to 4000 units.

Extras: Includes 2D version

Technical Info: Likely: DTS-HD MA 7.1, AR 2.40:1, 2x50GB discs

Synopsis: When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and Earthís Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance. As the villainous Ultron emerges, it is up to The Avengers to stop him from enacting his terrible plans, and soon uneasy alliances and unexpected action pave the way for an epic and unique global adventure.

Comments: Region-Coding: Will likely be region-free as have most Disney releases in past.

Spoiler
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-11107173-1734289165680548.jpg  
Old 04-23-2015, 08:05 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Thanks - wow that "sold out" pretty quickly. Sort of like the Avengers Assemble did.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:33 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Ghost Rider

Street Date: July 27, 2015

Studio: Sony Pictures

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook

Extras: NA

Technical Info: Previous UK version: LPCM 5.1, AR 2.40:1. 50Gb Disc

Synopsis: Long ago, superstar motorcycle stunt rider Johnny Blaze (Nicolas Cage) made a deal with the devil to protect the ones he loved most. By day, Johnny is a die-hard stunt rider... but at night, in the presence of evil, he becomes the Ghost Rider, a bounty hunter of rogue demons. Forced to do the devil's bidding, Johnny is determined to confront his fate and use his curse and powers to defend the innocent.

Comments: Region-Coding:Will likely be region-free as were previous releases (Thanks Sony)

Spoiler

Old 04-23-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Thanks - wow that "sold out" pretty quickly. Sort of like the Avengers Assemble did.
Glad I got my order in quickly.

The temp artwork on the site listing doesn't match what darkdaze posted here, though.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:56 PM

I grabbed Age of Ultron before it sold out. I also just grabbed Ghost Rider.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Glad I got my order in quickly.

The temp artwork on the site listing doesn't match what darkdaze posted here, though.
The one I posted was the one showing up on the site this morning. I noticed they changed it this evening though.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:23 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Us working folks never get a chance to order these hot items - not exactly going to check my email before work and when I get home it's gone.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:02 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Update: Looks like they will graciously sell you Age of Ultron if you purchase the Z-Box, which to me is a waste of cash.