Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection") - Page 39 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-21-2015, 02:53 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of Death View Post
You going to add Sleepy Hollow or should I?
I never got the email on that one. If ya got time, sure, add it - else I will sometime over the weekend.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:49 PM

Sleepy Hollow

Street Date: March 23, 2015

Studio: Studio Canal

Region: N/A | B (Read Comments)

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook. Limited to 2000 Copies.

Extras:

Technical Info: (Speculative; Taken from Here, which in turn seems to be a more vague copy of the technical information from the earlier Optimum Home Entertainment release.)

Video
Codec: MPEG-4 AVC
Resolution: 1080p
Aspect ratio: 1.78:1
Original aspect ratio: 1.85:1

Audio
English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
English: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
French: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0

Subtitles
French

Synopsis: Master storyteller Tim Burton (Batman, Edward Scissorhands) weaves an eerie, enchanting version of this classic tale of horror. Johnny Depp is Ichabod Crane, an eccentric investigator determined to stop the murderous Headless Horseman. Christina Ricci is Katrina Van Tassel, the beautiful and mysterious girl with secret ties to the supernatural terror...

Comments: Studio Canal has a decent track record of region free releases. About 2/3rds according to This Site, however the previous release appears to have been locked.

Spoiler

Old 03-21-2015, 08:53 PM

Well, this is one of the smaller releases, so even though I don't expect it to sell like hotcakes, being an older movie, the Burton fans (and steel fans in general) will probably make it so copies run out soon enough.

Also Krawk, I can't edit the title section on the first page you split up. Only the first few letters are still in my original post, the rest are your posts, so could you add this to the list?

BTW: I would have posted this sooner, except I had family visiting. I didn't spot this through e-mail, just FYI. I have the steelbooks link bookmarked and sometimes a title will show up at the top of the page before they actually open for orders.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:03 AM

Sleepy Hollow up for order. Surprisingly this comes out tomorrow >_>
Old 03-23-2015, 08:18 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Was not a huge fan of Sleepy Hollow. Surprised there's only 2000 copies.

Master Listing updated.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:26 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Cinderella

Street Date: August 24, 2015

Studio: Disney

Region: NA

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook

Extras: NA

Technical Info: Likely DTS-HD MA 7.1 (unless they do Atmos, then will be Dolby True HD), 50GB Disc, original AR

Synopsis: When her father unexpectedly passes away, young Ella finds herself at the mercy of her cruel stepmother and her daughters. Never one to give up hope, Ella's fortunes begin to change after meeting a dashing stranger.

Comments: Region Coding - likely region free as are most Disney releases (thanks Disney.) Click top picture to order. Listed in this thread as although it is a "Disney" title it is not part of the "Disney/Pixar Collections" series.

Spoiler

Old 03-27-2015, 06:35 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Who Framed Roger Rabbit
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4796[/ATTACH]

Street Date: NA

Studio: Disney

Region: NA

Zavvi Description: To celebrate 2 years of Zavvi exclusive steelbooks we proudly present the Zavvi Exclusive Gold Edition of the Who Framed Roger Rabbit Steelbook.

Extras: NA

Technical Info: Previous: DTS-HD MA 5.1, 50GB Disc, AR 1.85:1

Synopsis: On Blu-ray for the first time ever, this digitally remastered edition of Who Framed Roger Rabbit practically jumps off the screen with its brilliant picture, rich sound - and dangerous curves. It's 1947 Hollywood and Eddie Valiant (Bob Hoskins), a down-on-his-luck detective, is hired to find proof that Marvin Acme, gag factory mogul and owner of Toontown, is playing hanky-panky with femme fatale Jessica Rabbit, wife of Maroon Cartoon superstar, Roger Rabbit. When Acme is found murdered, all fingers point to Roger, who begs the Toon-hating Valiant to find the real evildoer. Complete with hours of bonus features - including three digitally restored Roger Rabbit shorts, this multi-Oscar winner (Best Film Editing, Best Sound Effects Editing, Best Visual Effects, Special Achievement In Animation Direction, 1988) is pure magic in Hi-Def Blu-ray.

Comments: Region-Coding-Previous releases region-free, likely same disc. Double-Dip Zavvi Exclusive. "Gold Edition" - whatever that means (what's next, platinum??) Listed in this thread as although it is a "Disney" title it is not considered part of the numbered "Disney/Pixar Collections" series. Click top picture to order.

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4797[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4798[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-who-framed-sm-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-who-framed-lg-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-who-framed-lg-angled-back.jpg  
Old 03-28-2015, 01:26 PM

I grabbed both of those earlier. I actually went ahead with the ZBox offer for Roger Rabbit because I apparently hate money and want to be rid of it.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:26 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of Death View Post
I grabbed both of those earlier. I actually went ahead with the ZBox offer for Roger Rabbit because I apparently hate money and want to be rid of it.
The way zavvi has been lately with their Disney Collections, unless you snag it the first hour or so, you're forced to buy the Zbox version anyway, so I am holding off on that. I see their zbox theme is Animation this time.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:06 PM

Well they didn't actually have a combo pack this time so far as I know (they don't always), just a 5 pound discount offer.