Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection") - Page 35 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-04-2015, 08:22 AM

I grabbed Frankenweenie 3D + the Zbox (Undead). 5 pounds off, and even though I'm trying to save money (so I keep telling myself), I'll give it a shot >_>
Old 02-04-2015, 07:09 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I grabbed FrankenWeenie as well. Not a huge fan of Burton but just like SOD says, trying to save money but just can't stop on certain titles/genres.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:14 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Whiplash
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4833[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Street Date: June 01, 2015

Studio: Sony Pictures

Region: NA

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook

Extras: NA

Technical Info: NA

Synopsis: Andrew is an ambitious young jazz drummer, single-minded in his pursuit to rise to the top of his elite east coast music conservatory. Plagued by the failed writing career of his father, Andrew hungers day and night to become one of the greats. Terence Fletcher, an instructor equally known for his teaching talents as for his terrifying methods, leads the top jazz ensemble in the school. Fletcher discovers Andrew and transfers the aspiring drummer into his band, forever changing the young man’s life. Andrew’s passion to achieve perfection quickly spirals into obsession, as his ruthless teacher continues to push him to the brink of both his ability—and his sanity.

Comments: Region-Coding-Very high probability of it being region free (Thanks Sony)

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4834[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4835[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-whiplash-sm-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-whiplash-lg-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-whiplash-lg-angled-back.jpg  
Old 02-06-2015, 06:44 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

The Gambler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4713[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Street Date: June 15, 2015

Studio: Paramount

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook (1500 Only)

Synopsis: Jim Bennett (Academy Award®-nominee Mark Wahlberg) is a risk taker. Both an English professor and a high-stakes gambler, Bennett bets it all when he borrows from a gangster (Michael Kenneth Williams) and offers his own life as collateral. Always one step ahead, Bennett pits his creditor against the operator of a gambling ring (Alvin Ing) and leaves his dysfunctional relationship with his wealthy mother (Academy Award®-winner Jessica Lange) in his wake. He plays both sides, immersing himself in an illicit, underground world while garnering the attention of Frank (John Goodman), a loan shark with a paternal interest in Bennett’s future. As his relationship with a student (Brie Larson) deepens, Bennett must take the ultimate risk for a second chance…

Comments: High probability of this being region-free.

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4714[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4715[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4716[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-gambler-sm-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-gambler-lg-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-gambler-lg-center.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-gambler-lg-angled-back.jpg  
Old 02-07-2015, 10:35 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Avengers Assemble (3D)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4701[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Street Date: May 30, 2015

Studio: Paramount

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition Steelbook

Extras:
-Includes (2D)
-Deleted Scenes
-Gag Reel
-Marvel One-Shot: Item 47 A Visual Journey: Go behind the scenes for a look into the amazing sets, groundbreaking visual effects, and stunning cinematography to discover how this Super Hero team-up of a lifetime was brought into breathtaking reality. Learn about key visual moments in the film, the creation of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Helicarrier, and the massive undertaking to bring some of the most iconic characters to life

Synopsis: When Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson), the Director of an international peacekeeping agency known as S.H.I.E.L.D., encounters an unexpected enemy that threatens global safety and security, he finds himself in need of a team to pull the world back from the brink of disaster. Spanning the globe, a daring recruitment effort begins for Earth's mightiest heroes. Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Captain America (Chris Evans), The Incredible Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), and two of the world's greatest assassins, Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), must assemble to defeat Loki (Tom Hiddleston), the darkest villain the Earth has ever known.

Comments: Very high probability of this being region-free (thanks Paramount)

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4705[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4703[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4706[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-avengers-sm-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-avengers-lg-center.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-avengers-lg-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-avengers-lg-angled-back.jpg  
Old 02-07-2015, 10:38 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

^^^ and in the FUCK YOU ZAVVI department, the above item is SOLD OUT, but if you want to pay nearly double, the version that includes the Zbox (shirt) is available HERE.

I am not that desperate for this Steelbook so I will continue to wait for the other version, if ever, to open up for sale.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:54 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

So I sent Zavvi an email thanking them for saving me money by making sure that Avengers Assemble was SOLD OUT in the standalone package but was readily available as a Z-Box combo and that I had no intention of buying the up-priced combo. I doubt they ever even read the message, I got the standard apology for the title being out of stock and their buyers looking for more to become available. Again - Fuck You Zavvi.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:34 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Blue Valentine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4709[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Street Date: June 22, 2015

Studio: StudioCanal

Region: B

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook. Limited to 2000 Copies.

Extras:
Deleted Scenes
Q&A
Making Of
Home Movies
Director's and Editor's Commentary

Technical Info: DTS-HD MA 5.1, AR 1.66:1, 50GB Disc

Synopsis: Blue Valentine is a romantic drama that focuses on a complicated relationship between Dean (Ryan Gosling) and Cindy (Michelle Williams), a young couple who met by chance, quickly fell in love and spontaneously married 3 weeks later. The movie shifts back and forth in time between the beginning of their relationship where they were happily in love, to the dissolution of their marriage several years after meeting.

Comments: Likely region locked as most StudioCanal "B" titles.

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4710[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4711[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4712[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-blueval-sm-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-blueval-lg-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-blueval-lg-center.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-blueval-lg-back.jpg  
Old 02-14-2015, 07:41 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Artwork finalized for The Gambler - Street date still not.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:01 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Batman '66
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4717[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Street Date: May 25, 2015

Studio: 20th Century Fox

Region: B

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook with Varnish Finish. Limited to 2000 Copies.

Technical Info: DTS-HD MA 5.1. AR 1.85:1, 50GB Disc

Synopsis: When Batman (Adam West) and Robin (Burt Ward) get a tip that Commodore Schmidlapp (Reginald Denny) is in danger aboard his yacht, they launch a rescue mission. But the tip is a set-up by four of the most powerful villains ever, who seek to defeat the Dynamic Due once and for all! Armed with a dehydrator that can turn humans into dust, the fearsome foursome intends to take over the world! Can the Caped Crusaders use their high-flying heroism and groovy gadgetry to declaw Catwoman (Lee Meriwether), ice the Penguin (Burgess Meredith), upstage the Joker (Cesar Romero), and stump the Riddler (Frank Gorshin) in time?

Comments: Previous release is Region-B locked, why oh why Fox??

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4718[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4719[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4720[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-batman66-sm-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-batman66-lg-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-batman66-lg-center.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-batman66-lg-angled-back.jpg