Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection") - Page 26 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-28-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
Army of Darkness steel was back in stock...ordered, along with Maniac Cop steel. Going to have me a Bruce Campbell night in a couple of weeks.
Yeah, I missed that Army Of Darkness. By the time I saw it as part of the Black Friday deal, it was sold out again >_< I already have Evil Dead 1 and 2, just let me have this one as well to complete the set dammit >_<
Old 11-28-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of Death View Post
Yeah, I missed that Army Of Darkness. By the time I saw it as part of the Black Friday deal, it was sold out again >_< I already have Evil Dead 1 and 2, just let me have this one as well to complete the set dammit >_<
Well I'm having issues with payment now. Maniac went through fine but not Army which I ordered first. I reentered my info again, now just waiting for despatched email.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Hulk Vs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4545[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Street Date: March 16, 2015

Studio: Lionsgate

Region: NA

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook. Black Friday Special #3.
First time ever on Blu-ray in the UK. Limited to 2000 copies.

Extras: NA

Technical Info: AR 1.78:1, all other info unavailable

Synopsis: Marvel Animated Features premieres two all new action packed films together on one release- Hulk Vs. Wolverine and Hulk Vs. Thor.

Hulk Vs. Wolverine: Alberta, Canada. The Incredible Hulk has been tearing a line across the Canadian wilderness, leaving a swathe of destruction in his wake. He has to be stopped, and there's only one man up to the job. He's the best at what he does, but what he does isn't very nice. He's Wolverine, an elite agent of Canada's top secret Department H, and he's been put on Hulk's trail with a single objective: stop the green goliath...at all costs. Hulk and Wolverine are about to enter the fiercest battle of their lives.

Hulk Vs. Thor: Asgard, realm of the gods. For ages, Loki the trickster has sought a way to bring defeat to his accursed stepbrother, Thor. But for all the battles Thor has fought, in all the nine realms, only one creature has ever been able to match his strength - a mortal beast of Midgard known as The Incredible Hulk. Now, with Odin the almighty king of the gods deep in a regenerative sleep, and the forces protecting Asgard at their weakest, Loki is finally ready to spring his trap. In an epic battle that will pit gods against monsters, that will test a hero's limits more than ever before, only The Mighty Thor can hope to prevail.

Comments: Re: Region Coding-Aholes at Lionsgate love to region lock their releases.

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4546[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4547[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-&quot;Disney/Pixar Collection&quot;)-hulk-vs-sm-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-&quot;Disney/Pixar Collection&quot;)-hulk-vs-lg-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-&quot;Disney/Pixar Collection&quot;)-hulk-vs-lg-back-front.jpg  
Old 11-28-2014, 08:02 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Planet Hulk
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4548[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Street Date: Mar 16, 2015

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook. Black Friday Special #1.

Technical Info: AR 1.78:1, other specs unavailable at this time

Synopsis: Animated adventure adapted from the Marvel comics. Betrayed by Earth's heroes and exiled into outer space, the man-monster Hulk (voiced by Rick D. Wasserman) has landed on the distant planet Sakaar, ruled by the tyrannical Red King (Mark Hildreth). After being sold into slavery, Hulk becomes the planet's mightiest gladiator, but his new masters get more than they bargained for.

Comments: As with other Hulk title above, Aholes at Lionsgate love to Region Lock their titles.

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4549[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4550[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-&quot;Disney/Pixar Collection&quot;)-planet-hulk-sm-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-&quot;Disney/Pixar Collection&quot;)-planet-hulk-lg-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-&quot;Disney/Pixar Collection&quot;)-planet-hulk-lg-angled-back.jpg  
Old 11-28-2014, 08:07 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Thor: Tales of Asgard
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4551[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Street Date: April 15, 2015

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook. Black Friday Special #4.

Technical Info: AR 1.78:1, all other specs unavailable at this time

Synopsis: Epic Animated adventure from Marvel - Thor: Tales of Asgard, stars Thor on a mighty quest alongside his brother Loki. Also includes a bonus episode of The Avengers. Fantastic journeys beckon from the mysterious nine realms. Places of dark mists and fiery voids. Of winged creatures and giants in the ice. And of the most alluring quest of all - the search for the legendary Lost Sword of Surtur. Hungry for adventure, Thor secretly embarks on the journey of a lifetime, joined by his loyal brother Loki, whose budding sorcery equips him with just enough magic to conjure up trouble, along with the Warriors Three - a band of boastful travellers reluctant to set sail on any adventure that might actually be dangerous. But what starts out as a harmless treasure hunt quickly turns deadly, and Thor must now prove himself worthy of the destiny he covets by saving Asgard itself. includes a bonus episode of The Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes.

Comments: Another Lionsgate release, and another comment about aholes likely region locking this release.

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4552[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4553[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-&quot;Disney/Pixar Collection&quot;)-thor-asgard-sm-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-&quot;Disney/Pixar Collection&quot;)-thor-asgard-lg-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-&quot;Disney/Pixar Collection&quot;)-thor-asgard-lg-back-front.jpg  
Old 11-28-2014, 08:14 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Horns
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4554[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Street Date: March 16, 2015

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook.

Technical Info: OAR 2.39:1, no technical details available at this time

Synopsis: From master-of-horror Alexandre Aja (The Hills Have Eyes, Piranha 3D) comes this supernatural, offbeat thriller starring beloved British actor Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter franchise, The Woman in Black) and the talented Juno Temple (Magic Magic, Sin City: A Dame to Kill For).

Ig Perrish (Daniel Radcliffe) is accused of the murder of his girlfriend, Merrin Williams (Juno Temple). After a hard night of drinking, Ig awakens, hung-over, to find horns growing out of his head; they have the ability to drive people to confess sins and give in to selfish impulses. Ig decides to use this effective tool to discover the circumstances of his girlfriend's death and to seek revenge by finding the true murderer.

Daniel and Juno lead an all-star cast with strong support from David Morse (The Green Mile, The Hurt Locker) and Heather Graham (The Hangover I and III, Boogie Nights).

Horns is based on the dark fantasy novel of the same name from New York Times best-selling author Joe Hill (Heart Shaped Box) with a screenplay by Keith Burnin. Alexandre Aja, Riza Aziz, Joey McFarland and Cathy Schulman produce.

Comments: Lionsgate Release, Will likely region-lock (assholes) this release. They should not as they will probably need every sale they can get for this one!

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4555[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4556[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-&quot;Disney/Pixar Collection&quot;)-horns-sm-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-&quot;Disney/Pixar Collection&quot;)-horns-lg-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-&quot;Disney/Pixar Collection&quot;)-horns-lg-angled-back.jpg  
Old 11-28-2014, 08:21 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Dracula Untold
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4557[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Street Date: February 09, 2015

Studio: Universal Pictures

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook. Limited to 2000 Copies.

Extras: UV Digital Copy

Technical Info: NA/OAR 2.39:1

Synopsis: Dracula Untold unveils the origins of the man who became Dracula. Luke Evans (Fast & Furious 6, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug) stars in this epic action/adventure story as Vlad Tepes, a local hero who has no choice but to turn to the dark side to save his family and people from slaughter at the hands of the Turkish army.

Comments: Universal Studios release, likely region free (THANK YOU)

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4558[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4559[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4560[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-&quot;Disney/Pixar Collection&quot;)-dracula-untold-sm-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-&quot;Disney/Pixar Collection&quot;)-dracula-untold-lg-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-&quot;Disney/Pixar Collection&quot;)-dracula-untold-lg-center.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-&quot;Disney/Pixar Collection&quot;)-dracula-untold-lg-back-front.jpg  
Old 11-28-2014, 08:26 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

The Imitation Game
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4561[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Street Date: March 9, 2015

Studio: StudioCanal

Region: If uncertain, put N/A

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook.

Technical Info: NA

Synopsis: The Imitation Game is a gripping, acclaimed thriller that tells the incredible true story of unsung war hero Alan Turing, the British mathematician responsible for cracking the German Enigma code during World War II. Benedict Cumberbatch (The Fifth Estate, Star Trek Into Darkness, and TV’s Sherlock) and Keira Knightley (BAFTA nominee for Atonement, Oscar® nominee for Pride and Prejudice) star as Turing and his ally and fellow code-breaker Joan Clarke, alongside a top-notch cast, including Matthew Goode (Stoker, A Single Man), Mark Strong (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy), Rory Kinnear (Skyfall), Charles Dance (Gosford Park, TV's Game of Thrones), Allen Leech (In Fear, TV’s Downton Abbey) and Matthew Beard (An Education).

Comments: Region Coding is 50/50 as StudioCanal is not consistent with region locks

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4562[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4563[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-&quot;Disney/Pixar Collection&quot;)-imit-game-sm-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-&quot;Disney/Pixar Collection&quot;)-imit-game-lg-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-&quot;Disney/Pixar Collection&quot;)-imit-game-lg-angled-back.jpg  
Old 11-29-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
Well I'm having issues with payment now. Maniac went through fine but not Army which I ordered first. I reentered my info again, now just waiting for despatched email.
Woohoo, order git straightened out, Army of Darkness got despatched. Now I'll have all 3 in steelbook, and the original I have 2 different steelbook versions.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:18 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

The Punisher
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4579[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Street Date: February 22, 2015

Studio: New World Pictures

Region: N/A

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook. Limited to 3000 Copies.

Technical Info: NA

Synopsis: The finish is matt with a spot varnish on the title and Dolph Lundgren’s name. Title and skull are embossed.

The avenging angel of Marvel® Comics fame comes brilliantly to life in this searing action-adventure thriller! Dolph Lundgren stars as Frank Castle, a veteran cop who loses his entire family to a mafia car bomb. Only his ex-partner (Louis Gossett Jr.) believes Castle survived the blast to become THE PUNISHER... a shadowy, invincible fighter against evil who lives for total revenge on his mob enemies. Lashing out from a labyrinth of subterranean sewers, THE PUNISHER leads a heavily armed raid into a world of brital crime and savage retribution. A world where only one this is certain… the guilty will be punished.

Comments: Small Company releasing this title, region info unavailable. Previous release was by Sony, which is region free.

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4580[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4581[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4582[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-&quot;Disney/Pixar Collection&quot;)-punisher-sm-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-&quot;Disney/Pixar Collection&quot;)-punisher-lg-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-&quot;Disney/Pixar Collection&quot;)-punisher-lg-center.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-&quot;Disney/Pixar Collection&quot;)-punisher-lg-back-front.jpg