Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection") - Page 25 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-14-2014, 11:01 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

The Others
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4514[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Street Date: November 24, 2014

Studio: StudioCanal

Region: N/A

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook (Ultra Limited Print Run)(2000 Copies)

Extras: NA

Technical Info: Previous Release: DTS-HD MA 5.1, MPEG-4 AVC, AR 1.85:1, 50GB Disc

Synopsis:

A woman who lives in a darkened old house with her two photosensitive children becomes convinced that her family home is haunted.

Academy Award © winner Nicole Kidman (The Hours, Moulin Rouge!) delivers an utterly unforgettable performance in this chilling and stylish suspense thriller! While awaiting her husband’s return from war, Grace (Kidman) and her two young children live an unusually isolated existence behind the locked doors and drawn curtains of a secluded island mansion. Then, when three mysterious servants arrive it becomes frighteningly clear that there is far more to this house than meets the eye. Acclaimed by critics everywhere, the unpredictable twists and turns of this compelling hit will keep you guessing!

Comments: Region Coding Unknown. Previous Optimum/Miramax Version Coding Unknown.

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4515[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4516[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4517[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-others-sm-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-others-lg-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-others-lg-center.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-others-lg-back-front.jpg  
Old 11-15-2014, 01:43 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Shrek
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4518[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Street Date: December 08, 2014

Studio: 20TH Century Fox

Region: Region-Free

Zavvi Description: Limited Edition Steelbook

Extras:
-The Animators' Corner (HD)
-Shrek's Interactive Journey: I (HD)
-Spotlight on Donkey (HD)
-Deleted Scenes
-Filmmakers' Commentary
-Karaoke Dance Party (HD)

Technical Info: Dolby TrueHD 7.1, MPEG-4 AVC, AR 1.78:1, 50GB Disc

Synopsis: You’ve never met a hero quite like Shrek, winner of the first Academy Award for Best Animated Feature*. The endearing ogre sparked a motion picture phenomenon and captured the world’s imagination with… the Greatest Fairy Tale Never Told! Critics are calling SHREK “not just a brilliant animated feature, but a superb film on any level” (Larry King, USA Today). Relive every moment of Shrek’s (Mike Myers) daring quest to rescue feisty Princess Fiona (Cameron Diaz) with the help of his loveable loud-mouthed Donkey (Eddie Murphy) and win back the deed to his beloved swamp from scheming Lord Farquaad (John Lithgow). Enchantingly irreverent and “monstrously clever” (Leah Rozen, People Magazine), SHREK is an ogre-sized adventure you’ll want to see again and again! *2001, Best Animated Feature Film.

Comments: Zavvi is not listing this as a zavvi exclusive but another site *IS* indicating it is. I actually believe the other site. Region Free confirmed.

Spoiler

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4519[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4520[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4521[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-shrek-sm-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-shrek-lg-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-shrek-lg-center.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-shrek-lg-angled-back.jpg  
Old 11-15-2014, 01:54 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

How to Train Your Dragon
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4522[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Studio: 20Th Century Fox

Region: Region Free (ABC)

Zavvi Description: Limited Edition Steelbook

Extras:
-Filmmakers' Commentary
-Viking Sized Cast (HD)
-The Technical Artistry of Dragon (HD)
-Animators' Corner (HD)
-Trivia Track

Technical Info: Dolby TrueHD 5.1, MPEG-4 AVC, AR 2.35:1, 50GB Disc

Synopsis: A winner with audiences and critics alike, the Academy Award-nominated DreamWorks Animation film, How To Train Your Dragon, rolls fire-breathing action, epic adventure and laughs into a captivating and original story. Hiccup is a young Viking who defies tradition when he befriends one of his deadliest foes—a ferocious dragon he calls Toothless. Together, the unlikely heroes must fight against all odds to save both their worlds in this “wonderful good-time hit!” (Gene Shalit, Today)

Comments: Zavvi is not listing this as a zavvi exclusive but another site *IS* indicating it is. I actually believe the other site. Region-Free Confirmed

£2 off when bought with Shrek Steelbook

Spoiler

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4523[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4524[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4525[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-httyd-sm-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-httyd-lg-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-httyd-lg-center.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-httyd-lg-angled-back.jpg  
Old 11-15-2014, 01:55 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

^^^ In for both titles. Am a bit disappointed at the lack of 3D.
I see a 3D Steelbook version of HTTYD is available, on amazon UK. Not sure with Asian country it originates from.

See Spoiler for 3D picture of HTTYD 3D Steel from HDZeta:

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4526[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-htzeta-httyd.jpg  
Old 11-16-2014, 09:14 AM

Krawk - I didn't post the HTTYD or Shrek items myself because, as you'll note, they're not listed as 'Zavvi Exclusive'.

I was tempted by HTTYD, but yeah, as it doesn't include 3D it wouldn't be an upgrade to my existing Disk.

HDZeta is Chinese BTW. Stuff imported from China tends to be expensive. Blufans is, and a big part of the reason for that is you can't make single foreign orders (At least Blufans doesn't let you), you need to bulk-order.

The HDZeta version looks good enough, I like the physical extras.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:00 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of Death View Post
Krawk - I didn't post the HTTYD or Shrek items myself because, as you'll note, they're not listed as 'Zavvi Exclusive'.
As noted in each of the listings, I believe Zavvi has made an error, these are Zavvi exclusives. Give them time to correct the listing.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:26 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Lethal Weapon is now confirmed on zavvi's site to be the "Director's Cut" so we can probably bet the rest of em will be released as well. Also likely 4K mastered.

I have also updated the cover arts for this one.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:37 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Get on Up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4534[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Street Date: March 30, 2015

Studio: Universal Pictures

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook. Limited to 2500 Copies.

Extras:
Deleted/Extended/Alternate Scenes.
Full Song Performances (Out of Sight, Steal Away (Steal Away to Jesus)).
Extended Song Performances.
Song Journey to the Screen.
Chadwick Boseman: Meet Mr. James Brown.
The Get On Up Family, On Stage with the Hardest Working Man.
The Founding Father of Funk.
Tate Taylor's Master Class.
Feature Commentary with Director/Producer Tate Taylor.

Technical Info: Announced: Audio Unknown, MPEG4-AVC, AR 1.85:1, 50GB Disc.

Synopsis: Nobody ever taught him the rules. So he was destined from the start to break them. Based on the incredible life story of the Godfather of Soul, the film will give a fearless look inside the music, moves and moods of James Brown (CHADWICK BOSEMAN ),taking audiences on the journey from his impoverished childhood to his evolution into one of the most influential figures of the 20th century.

Comments: Universal Studios Release - very likely region-free.

Spoiler

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4535[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4536[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-get-up-sm-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-get-up-lg-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-get-up-lg-collage.jpg  
Old 11-27-2014, 02:53 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I, Robot 3D
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4541[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Studio: 20th Century Fox

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook with Matt Finish. Limited to 3000 Copies

Extras: Includes 2D Version

Technical Info: DTS-HD MA 5.1, MPEG-4 AVC, AR 2.35:1, 2x50GB Discs

Synopsis: Superstar Will Smith rages against the machines in this futuristic action thrill ride - now in eye-popping 3D for the ultimate I, Robot experience! In the year 2035, technology and robots are a trusted part of everyday life. But that trust is broken when a scientist (James Cromwell) is found dead and a cynical detective (Smith) believes that an advanced robot may be responsible.

Comments: Will likely have previous extras carried over. Zavvi has had a previous Exclusive in 2013 as well which was region-free.

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4542[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4543[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4544[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-irobot-sm-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-irobot-lg-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-irobot-lg-center.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-irobot-lg-angled-back.jpg  
Old 11-28-2014, 03:15 AM

Army of Darkness steel was back in stock...ordered, along with Maniac Cop steel. Going to have me a Bruce Campbell night in a couple of weeks.