Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection") - Page 24 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

The Guest
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4497[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Street Date: December 29, 2014

Studio: ICON

Region: NA

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook.

Extras: NA

Technical Info: Announced Specs: DTS-HD MA 5.1, MPEG-4 AVC

Synopsis: IMDB Says: A soldier introduces himself to the Peterson family, claiming to be a friend of their son who died in action. After the young man is welcomed into their home, a series of accidental deaths seem to be connected to his presence.

Comments: Region Coding With ICON is hit/miss. This movie appears to be an Indie film. See IMDB PAGE

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4498[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-guest-sm-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-guest-lg-angled-front.jpg  
Old 11-02-2014, 02:15 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Kill List
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4499[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Street Date: November 10, 2014

Studio: StudioCanal

Region: N/A

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Ultra Limited Edition 2000 Copies

Extras: NA

Technical Info: DTS-HD MA 5.1, LPCM 2.0, MPEG-4 AVC, AR 2.35:1, 50GB Disc

Synopsis: IMDB SAYS: Nearly a year after a botched job, a hitman takes a new assignment with the promise of a big payoff for three killings. What starts off as an easy task soon unravels, sending the killer into the heart of darkness.

Comments: According to one source, Previous release is region locked. StudioCanal is not consistent though with releases. This one lost tons of money so why would they want to region lock this? :doh2:

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4500[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4501[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4502[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-kill-list-sm-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-kill-list-lg-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-kill-list-lg-center.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-kill-list-lg-back-front.jpg  
Old 11-08-2014, 12:38 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Life of Pi 3D
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4503[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Street Date: December 08, 2014

Studio: Fox

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray / 3000 Copies

Extras: Includes 2D version

Technical Info: Most Recent Release: DTH-HD MA 7.1, MPEG-4 MVC, AR 1.85:1, 2x50GB Discs, Vudu HD DC

Synopsis: Embark on the adventure of a lifetime in this visual masterpiece from Oscar® Winner Ang Lee, based on the best-selling novel. After a cataclysmic shipwreck, young Pi Patel finds himself stranded on a lifeboat with only one other survivor - a ferocious Bengal tiger named Richard Parker. Bound by the need to survive, the two are cast on an epic journey that must be seen to be believed.

Comments: Previous releases if this title appear to be region free.

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4504[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4505[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4506[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-life-pi-sm-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-lie-pi-lg-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-life-pi-lg-center.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-life-pi-lg-angled-back.jpg  
Old 11-08-2014, 12:46 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Nothing new with Life of Pi - Has previously received a Steelbook as seen on Amazon UK

It is cheaper on Zavvi though so it still might be viable for anyone looking. Not sure what makes this one a "zavvi exclusive" with the abovementioned release.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:43 PM

Eh? Didn't Zavvi have this before? I have Life of Pi steelbook with a lenticular front. I thought I got that on Zavvi?
Old 11-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of Death View Post
Eh? Didn't Zavvi have this before? I have Life of Pi steelbook with a lenticular front. I thought I got that on Zavvi?
You may have the release that was released countrywide, not a "zavvi exclusive." The Amazon link is not an Amazon exclusive.

So that answers my question as to why Amazon's cover art looks so art ... it's a lenticular cover (??)
Old 11-08-2014, 06:31 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Prometheus 3D
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4508[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Street Date: December 08, 2014

Studio: Fox

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook with Matt Finish. Limited to 3000 Copies. Includes Extra Blu-Ray Bonus Material.

Extras: Includes 2D Version and Extra Blu-Ray Bonus Material

Technical Info: Most Recent Release: DTS-HA MA 7.1, MPEG-4 MVC, AR 2.40:1, 3x50GB Discs

Synopsis: Returning to the genre he helped define, Sir Ridley Scott has crafted the most unforgettable experience of 2012 in Prometheus. This gripping, thought-provoking and often terrifying masterpiece features a stellar ensemble cast including Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender, Guy Pearce, Noomi Rapace, Logan Marshall-Green and Idris Elba and is a must-have for any self-respecting film fan.

After scientists Elizabeth Shaw (Rapace - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo) and Charlie Holloway (Marshall-Green - Devil) discover mysterious cave drawings that point to the origins of mankind, they soon find themselves aboard the spaceship Prometheus, sponsored by Weyland Industries and on a journey to uncover the secrets of humanity. Overseen by the imperious Meredith Vickers (Theron - Snow White and the Huntsma), looked after by the android David (Fassbender - X-Men: First Class), and backed up by a team of scientists Shaw and Holloway arrive on the isolated moon LV-223 to discover an abandoned alien spaceship and the truth... that not all is as it seems...

Comments: All previous releases are region-free

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4509[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4510[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4512[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-prom-sm-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-prom-lg-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-prom-lg-center.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-prom-lg-angled-back.jpg  
Old 11-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Wonder what's up with all the Fox titles lately?
Tell you what I would buy in 2.5 seconds .... some of the Dreamworks animated titles. How to Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda, Shrek, Monsters vs Aliens.
Old 11-08-2014, 07:24 PM

^+++++++

I'd adore some good Dreamworks steels. How to Train your Dragon for example.

From This List I'd probably choose (for a top 5 to have as steels):

How to Train your Dragon
How to Train your Dragon 2
The Croods
Road to El Dorado
Prince of Egypt

Though I could easily add in others, like Monsters versus Aliens, Rise of the Guardians, Puss in Boots, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
You may have the release that was released countrywide, not a "zavvi exclusive." The Amazon link is not an Amazon exclusive.

So that answers my question as to why Amazon's cover art looks so art ... it's a lenticular cover (??)
Doesn't look like it's Lenticular. Seems like it's a Matte Finish. So it seems like the Zavvi exclusive is the same design as the UK-wide release, but minus the lenticular cover.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:02 AM

Zavvi is having a Flash Sale. Everything included (28 steels) is going for £9.99 each. Some of them are older, though a number of them are only a few months old I think.