Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection") - Page 20 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-01-2014, 01:55 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

The standard 3D set coming to the U.S., although not very exciting, at least resembles what you would expect from the movie.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4434[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-guardians-us.jpg  
Old 10-03-2014, 11:46 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Tried cancelling my Guardians of the Galaxy due to its f'ugly cover, Zavvi's automated system denied it so now I need to contact them. It is claiming that it was ordered as part of a promo of 20% off when bought with Tarzan or Snow White. Erm, NO IT WAS NOT. I ordered it by itself long before either other title was even available.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:49 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Zavvi has changed their webpage to display slightly less information in slightly more space.
Previously when viewing their Disney Collection Steelbooks, you could also see the collection number in the description. Now it only shows part of the title, a ... Blu Ray. In their efforts to improve they jacked up the site. Their display is now just as useless as the ebay emails I get for searched items. No longer enough info is displayed to week out the stuff I do not want, I have to click every single one and see it on ebay to weed em out.

Their search engine now, if there are more than one page of results, the next page never loads when you click it.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:11 PM

I'm off to bed right now, otherwise I'd post Jumanji myself. I could have sworn I'd already seen it up in this thread, but it's not listed?

Ultra limited, though I didn't notice any specific number associated with it. So yeah, assume 2K units then. It's a decent price, at about 15 pounds. The design looks good, and embossed.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:38 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Nice cover for Jumanji - In for one I guess (as I watch my credit rating drop)

Although, it says Artwork TBC. Meaning, plenty of time to cancel.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:41 AM

They might be referring to the rear and internal art though. I sure hope they don't change the art and design of the cover. The embossing looks pretty perfect with the design. Bet that tiger will be on the case somewhere. Either in portrait on the back, or as part of the inner art.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:50 AM

Jumanji
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4604[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Street Date: December 01, 2014

Studio: Sony Pictures

Region: Region Free (ABC)

Zavvi Description: Limited to 2000 Copies

Extras:
-BLU-RAY Exclusive Jungle Adventure: Virtual Board Game
-Special Effects Crew Commentary
-Special Effects Featurette
-Storyboards
-Vudu Digital Copy

Technical Info: English DTS-HD MA 5.1, AR 1.85:1, 50GB Disc 104 Minutes Running Time

Main Language:
English

Dubbing Languages:
Czech, German, Italian, Spanish (Espaņol)

Subtitle Languages:
Arabic, Czech, English, German, Hindi, Italian, Modern Greek, Polish, Portuguese, Slovak, Spanish (Espaņol), Turkish

Subtitles for Hearing Impaired:
English

Synopsis: When young Alan Parrish discovers a mysterious board game, he doesn't realise its unimaginable powers, until he is magically transported before the eyes of his friend, Sarah, into the untamed jungles of Jumanji! 26 years later he is freed from the game's spell by two unsuspecting children. Alan (Robin Williams) reunites with Sarah (Bonnie Hunt) and together with Judy (Kirsten Dunst) and Peter (Bradley Pierce) tries to outwit the game's powerful forces in this imaginative adventure that combines breathtaking special effects with an enchanting mixture of comedy, magic and thrills.

Comments: Region-Free Confirmed (Krawk) - Artwork Finalized

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4605[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4606[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-jumanji-sm-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-jumanji-lg-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-jumanji-lg-center.jpg  
Old 10-05-2014, 04:58 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Training Day
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4435[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Street Date: December 01, 2014

Studio: Warner

Region: Listed as B

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook. Ultra Limited With Embossed Title and Matt Varnish.

Extras: N/A

Technical Info: Previous Releases: Dolby Digital 5.1, Mpeg-2, AR 2.40:1, 25GB Disc

Synopsis: In a powerful departure from his frequent good-guy roles, Denzel Washington captured his second Academy Award playing Alonzo Harris, a twisted but charismatic L.A. undercover narcotics detective who both attracts and repels as he becomes the kind of thug he's supposed to collar. Ethan Hawke plays unseasoned recruit Jake Hoyt, Harris' new partner.

Comments: Warner Release almost certain to be region-free. Likely the same recycled disc without audio or codec upgrade which is sad as they reissued this in May, 2014. Bottom Line: PASS

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4436[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4437[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-training-sm-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-training-lg-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-training-lg-angled-back.jpg  
Old 10-06-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Tried cancelling my Guardians of the Galaxy due to its f'ugly cover,
Have you not seen the movie yet? That SteelBook art is pretty awesome.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:18 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

The Purge
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4438[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Street Date: November 24, 2014

Studio: Universal

Region: Listed as "0"

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook. Ultra Limited.

Extras:
Theatrical Feature
Surviving the Night: the Making of the Purge

Technical Info: Previous Release: MPEG-4 AVC, English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, 50GB Disc, AR 2.40:1

Synopsis: In a future where any and all crimes are allowed for one night each year, a man tries to protect his family from two different murderous gangs as well as a threat from inside his own home.

Comments: As with other Universal releases, likely will be region-free (as was previous release) - The release date is kind of bass-ackwards as the sequel comes out the week before (10/17)

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4439[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-purge-sm-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-purge-lg-angled-front.jpg