Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection") - Page 14 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-01-2014, 06:07 AM

Pretty sure that Guardian's steelbook design is also a placeholder, since the NA art for the non-steel is The Same. The placeholder design on Zavvi, as you know, is just the title on a solid black background.

I'm grabbing both though. At least I can say I'm not double dipping on either of these XD
Old 08-01-2014, 05:04 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of Death View Post
Pretty sure that Guardian's steelbook design is also a placeholder, since the NA art for the non-steel is The Same. The placeholder design on Zavvi, as you know, is just the title on a solid black background.

I'm grabbing both though. At least I can say I'm not double dipping on either of these XD
What I mostly mean by placeholder for Guardians is that the release date of 12/31/2020.
Or do you think the artwork on zavvi is going to change? Usually they list it as TBC if it is going to change.

You're getting BOTH as in the Zavvi & Futureshop releases and that's not a double dip?
Old 08-02-2014, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
What I mostly mean by placeholder for Guardians is that the release date of 12/31/2020.
Or do you think the artwork on zavvi is going to change? Usually they list it as TBC if it is going to change.

You're getting BOTH as in the Zavvi & Futureshop releases and that's not a double dip?
You're not even using the Zavvi placeholder artwork. The art you're using from another site is probably not final either. If it is, how boring because it's the same as the NA non-steel cover art.

By "Both" I meant Punisher too.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:38 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of Death View Post
You're not even using the Zavvi placeholder artwork. The art you're using from another site is probably not final either. If it is, how boring because it's the same as the NA non-steel cover art.
I had to revisit the page to see what you're referring to, they've changed the artwork on the page. We've seen this happen many times as well.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:08 AM

It's odd that they'd go from full graphics to placeholder style like that though.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:47 PM

Brick

PURCHASE

Street Date: November 10, 2014

Studio: Studio Canal

Region: B (Likely Locked)

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook. Ultra Limited with Gloss Finish.

Extras: N/A (See Comments)

Technical Info: Listed as Dolby Digital, Previous release listed this;
English DTS-HD MA 5.1
Resolution: 1080/50i
Aspect ratio: 1.85:1
Original aspect ratio: 1.85:1

Synopsis: Brick is the story of Brendan Fry, a high-school loner who embarks on a mission to track down his missing girlfriend, but who soon finds himself ensnared in a tangled web of deceptions. Debut feature from the prodigious Rian Johnson, Brick turns the American high-school genre on its head, injecting hard boiled dialogue and a classic film noir style reminiscent of The Maltese Falcon and Chinatown. An original, absorbing mystery that will leave you spellbound.

Comments: Many of Studio Canal titles get locked, and there is no indication that I saw that the previous release was Region Free. As it's Ultra Limited, it's probably 2K copies. An excerpt from a User Review of the previous UK release stated the following; "No subtitles / no bonuses on this release. Too bad.".

Spoiler
Artwork Subject to change

Old 08-14-2014, 08:44 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Default The Purge: Anarchy

The Purge: Anarchy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4336[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Street Date: November 17, 2014

Studio: Universal Pictures

Region: N/A

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook. Limited to 4000 Copies.

Extras: NA

Technical Info: Non-Steel edition listed as:
English DTS-HD MA 5.1
French: DTS 5.1
German: DTS 5.1
Hindi: Dolby Digital 5.1
Italian: DTS 5.1
Japanese: DTS 5.1
Spanish: DTS 5.1
AR 2.40:1, 50GB Disc

Synopsis: The New Founding Fathers of America invite you to celebrate the annual Purge - One night a year, all crime is legal!

A young couple work to survive on the streets after their car breaks down right as the annual purge commences.

Comments: Universal Studios - Very likely region free.

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4333[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4335[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4334[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-purge-lg-angle-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-purge-lg-back-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-purge-lg-center.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-purge-sm-angle-front.jpg  
Old 08-15-2014, 09:59 AM

That artwork for The Purge: Anarchy is VERY nice. I think I'll be pre-ordering that one.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:17 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Cliffhanger was released a month early - got my copy.
Likely region locked. No updates yet as have not opened it and or tried it.

It *does* have extras so I will update first post to reflect it.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:25 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

A Prophet
aka. Un prophète

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4344[/ATTACH]
PURCHASE

Street Date: December 08, 2014

Studio: StudioCanal

Region: N/A

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook. Ultra Limited Print Run. (Probably 2000 copies)

Extras: NA

Technical Info:
Previous Release info:
French: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
French: LPCM 2.0
English Subtitles
AR 1.85:1, 50GB Disc

Synopsis: An intelligent and gritty crime movie following the rise of a prisoner who starts out young, naïve and inexperienced but soon learns the ways of the criminal sub-culture of the prison, working his way up the ranks.

Comments: Another StudioCanal release, typically (probably) region B locked.

Spoiler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4342[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4343[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4341[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-prophet-lg-angled-back.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-prophet-lg-angled-front.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-prophet-lg-center.jpg   Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection")-prophet-sm-angled-front.jpg