Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection") - Page 125 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-11-2017, 01:12 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: December 11, 2017

Studio: Warner Bros. Affiliate (EIV or Optimum)

Region: B (locked)

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray

Extras: NA

Technical Info: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 EX, AR 2.35:1, 1 BD-25 Disc

Synopsis: He's back - back in the 1960's. Secret agent Austin powers (Mike Myers) hops in a top-secret time machine and zips 30 years back to 1969 to confront Dr. Evil (Myers) and his latest, vilest scheme. Evil is eviler - he has diminutive clone Mini-Me (Verne Troyer) and massive Fat Bastard (Myers) as henchmen. Austin, who "put the grrr in swinger, baby", is swingier...if he and fab spy chick Felicity Shagwell (Heather Graham) can recover the mojo Evil stole from Austin. What'll happen if they find it? Oh, behaaave!

Comments: Probably region locked as this is likely WB affiliate Entertainment in Video

Spoiler

Old 11-12-2017, 05:13 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: Dec 11, 2017

Studio: 20th Century Fox

Region: AB

Technical Info: DTS-HD MA 5.1, AR 1.85:1, 1 BD-50 Disc

Synopsis:
Winner of 3 Golden Globes (including Best Film), Winner of 3 Baftas (including Best Actor for Bill Murray and Best Actress for Scarlett Johansson) and nominated for 4 Academy Awards (including Best Film), Lost In Translation is a laugh-out-loud portrayal of loneliness and human connection.

Featuring superior performances from Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson as Bob and Charlotte, two Americans in Tokyo. Bob is a movie star in town to shoot a whiskey commercial, while Charlotte is a young wife tagging along with her workaholic photographer husband. Through their respective insomnias, the two cross paths one night in the luxury hotel bar and strike up a surprisingly intimate friendship. As the unlikely pair venture through Tokyo together, having often hilarious encounters with its citizens, they ultimately discover a new belief in lifeís possibilities.

Comments: Region-Coding -- Previous release is coded region AB, leaving our friends down under out of luck. No reason to believe this one will be any different.

Spoiler

Old 11-12-2017, 05:14 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

^^^ Have not seen Lost in Translation. Thankfully this cover art is not Pop Art or similar shit. How relevant is it to the movie?
Old 11-13-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
^^^ Have not seen Lost in Translation. Thankfully this cover art is not Pop Art or similar shit. How relevant is it to the movie?
I believe that's the original poster art. It shows Scarlett Johansson in Tokyo, which is about as relevant to this movie as you're going to get.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
I believe that's the original poster art. It shows Scarlett Johansson in Tokyo, which is about as relevant to this movie as you're going to get.
LOL

I wish I could enjoy this movie as much as many people did. Maybe I should watch it again, but when I watched it I was bored out of my mind.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:19 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: December 18, 2017

Studio: Momentum Pictures/Universal

Region: AB

Synopsis: Charlie Kaufman, writer of the cult film 'Being John Malkovich', returns with another mind-bendingly inventive and unconventional plotline, this time driving a tender romantic comedy. Jim Carrey stars as Joel, a shy oddball who is stunned to discover that his longterm girlfriend Clementine (Kate Winslet), with whom he has recently split up, has undergone an experimental psychiatric treatment to have her memories of their tumultuous relationship erased. Still in love with her, and frustrated at the thought that she has no memory of their times together, he elects to undergo the procedure himself, and contacts the company who have pioneered it. The team, led by Dr Howard Mierzwaik (Tom Wilkinson), hook Joel up their computer and begin the process. The film, the majority of which takes place inside Joel's mind, then follows each of his memories of Clementine back in time as the most recent ones are systematically erased. But Joel's subconscious struggles to hold on to the memories as they slip away, and one of the nurses, Mary (Kirsten Dunst), who has undergone the treatment herself, sees his distress and eventually decides to send Joel and Clementine their files so that they know what they have lost.

Comments: Previous release is region AB locked... tought luck for our friends down under.

Spoiler

Old 11-19-2017, 01:14 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: December 11, 2017

Studio: Momentum Pictures

Region: Free

Technical Info: German DD 5.1, AR 1.78:1, 1 BD-50 Disc

Synopsis:
Set in Berlin, 1945, this powerful and provocative war drama retells the final days of the Second World War as recorded in the diaries of Adolf Hitlerís private secretary, Traudl Junge, while barricaded with Hitler and his closest confidants in the Fhrerís secret bunker.

Directed by Oliver Hirschbiegel (The Experiment) with an astonishing performance by Bruno Ganz (The Manchurian Candidate) as history's most notorious figure, this unprecedented and controversial insiders perspective is gripping insight into the madness and desperation of Hitler in the final hours of the war as the Russian Army closes a ring around Berlin.

Comments: Previous release is region-free. NOTE: Lossy Audio.

Spoiler

Old 11-19-2017, 01:14 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

^^^ what exactly am I looking at here for cover art? Factoring in that and the lossy audio, I think I will PASS.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
^^^ what exactly am I looking at here for cover art? Factoring in that and the lossy audio, I think I will PASS.

I think it's supposed to be a Nazi banner draped down from the clouds? I don't know why or how a banner would be draped down from the clouds. It's incomprehensible Pop Art rubbish.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 11-24-2017, 07:57 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: December 4, 2017

Studio: 20th Century Fox

Region: B

Synopsis: George Clooney and Meryl Streep lend their voices to this hilarious and heartwarming animated adventure from visionary director Wes Anderson. Mr. and Mrs. Fox (Clooney and Streep) live a happy home life with their eccentric son Ash (Jason Schwartzman) and visiting nephew Kristopherson. That is until Mr. Fox slips into his sneaky, old ways and plots the greatest chicken heist the animal world has ever seen. Based on the beloved, best-selling book by Roald Dahl (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory), Fantastic Mr. Fox is family fun at its finest.

Comments: Region Coding -- Original release is region B locked , more recent releases are unknown but they all appear to be repackages.

Spoiler