Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection") - Page 124 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-30-2017, 07:53 AM

The Dead in Tombstone cover isn't so bad. The pose is a bit generic, and the paint splotch is wings and the symbol on the back cover is a somewhat stylized, inverted Christian cross I think (not sure if you were being facetious in either case). Back on the cross, aside from the inverted nature hinting at satanic stuff, I'm not sure if the style denotes anything (like a particular sect/denomination).

I ended up ordering both of those. I had the Dead in Tombstone in my cart already. I've not even heard of the movie before, but I like action movies, and Trejo is entertaining. I don't think I have Donnie Darko steel. Actually, I'm not sure I have the movie on Blu-ray at all....
Old 11-01-2017, 07:57 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post

Street Date: February 13, 2017

This one is opened up again for another round. This time January 15, 2018.

Looks like the "limited editions" are on their way out as they've done this with a handful already.

Honestly, they should reopen a few but make them 4K + BD combos.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:19 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: November 27, 2017

Studio: Warner Bros

Region: Free

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray

Extras: NA

Technical Info: Dolby TrueHD 5.1, AR 2.40:1, 1 BD-50 Disc

Synopsis: Sam and his older brother Michael are average, everyday teens. But after they move with their mother to peaceful Santa Clara, California, things mysteriously begin to change. Michael's not himself lately. And Mum's not going to like what he's turning into.

The Lost Boys reshapes vampire tradition, deftly mixing heart-pounding terror, rib-tickling laughs and a body-gyrating rock soundtrack. Under Joel Schumacher's direction, a marvelous cast - Jason Patric, Jami Gertz, Kiefer Sutherland, Corey Feldman, Corey Haim, Barnard Hughes, Edward Herrmann and Dianne Wiest - stakes you to gleefully ghoulish entertainment.

Comments: As is a WB release and previous release is a region-free release, there is no reason to believe this one will be any different.

Spoiler

Old 11-04-2017, 07:32 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

SteelBook reveal on Sunday - Dumb and Dumber
Old 11-05-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
SteelBook reveal on Sunday - Dumb and Dumber
Used to like that movie as a kid, but not so much now that I'm older. The main characters are stupid by design, I know, but they are so punchable and pretty unlikable on the whole. I couldn't even finish the sequel.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:49 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: December 11, 2017

Studio: Warner Bros

Region: NA

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray

Extras: NA

Technical Info: TBA

Synopsis: Lloyd and Harry. One's dumb, the other's dumber. You pick which is which. Jim Carrey (Lloyd) and Jeff Daniels (Harry) deliver a delirious no-brainer as they hit the road to return a misplaced briefcase to its owner (Lauren Holly). The fellas don't know the case is crammed with ransom money. Maybe that's why smashmouth lowlifes are trailing them, you think? Best to leave the thinking aside as the boys and the filmmaking brothers Farrelly (There's Something About Mary) invent something really dumb...and really, really funny.

Comments: Region Coding unknown. Previous release was by Entertainment in Video, which is region B locked. This one is actually labeled WB on the side so it might be the same disc that was released in the USA, which is region free.

Spoiler

Old 11-08-2017, 12:02 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: December 11, 2017

Studio: Sony Pictures

Region: Free

Zavvi Description: 4k Ultra HD (Includes 2D version) - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray

Extras: Includes standard BD discs.

Technical Info: NA

Synopsis:

Intergalactic invaders. Renegade monsters. Time Travel. Itís all in a dayís work for agents Kay and Jay of the Men In Black (Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith). Celebrate 20 years of iconic sci-fi comedy with the MEN IN BLACK TRILOGY, now with all three films fully restored in 4K.

Men in Black
They are the best kept secret in the Universe. Working for a highly-funded yet unofficial government agency, 'K' (Tommy Lee Jones) and 'J' (Will Smith) are the Men in Black, providers of immigration services and regulators of all things alien on earth. They are your best, last and only line of defence. They work in secret and dress in black... they are the Men in Black - protecting the earth from the scum of the Universe...

Men in Black II
Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith are back in black as the scum-fighting super-agents Kay and Jay - regulators of all things alien on planet Earth - Their latest mission: to save the world from a total intergalactic disaster!

When a renegade Kylothian monster disguised as a lingerie model threatens the survival of the human race, the boys of the MIB get the call to step up and get busy. With their headquarters under siege and time running out, Agents Kay and Jay enlist the help of Frank the Pug and a posse of hard-living worms to help them kick some seriously sexy alien butt!

Men in Black III
In Men in Black 3, Agents J (Will Smith) and K (Tommy Lee Jones) are back... in time. J has seen some inexplicable things in his 15 years with the Men in Black, but nothing, not even aliens, perplexes him as much as his wry, reticent partner. But when K's life and the fate of the planet are put at stake, Agent J will have to travel back in time to put things right. J discovers that there are secrets to the universe that K never told him - secrets that will reveal themselves as he teams up with the young Agent K (Josh Brolin) to save his partner, the agency and the future of humankind.

Comments: Region Coding - the UHD 4K discs do not follow region lock standards. The BD discs included are likely the same recycled discs that are region free, but MIB3 is unknown as the 3D disc is region locked but no confirmationon the 2D version, if not, it is still highly unlikely Sony will region lock new ones.

Spoiler

Old 11-08-2017, 12:03 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

^^^ I am going to throw this out there. F You Sony. Your reimagined comic book covers are terrible. Bridge on the River Kwai is absolutely atrocious :sick01: and Jumanji is not much better. Thus far the MIB trilogy is least offensive of the three but that does not give you a pass, it's still pretty bad.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:33 PM

I might be misremembering, but I could have sworn at least one of the MiB movies was region locked. I remember thinking it odd, since two of the three weren't? Something to that effect.

Might have been a different trilogy, and even if it was MiB, it might have been for older BD discs.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of Death View Post
I might be misremembering, but I could have sworn at least one of the MiB movies was region locked. I remember thinking it odd, since two of the three weren't? Something to that effect.

What I have read is for MIB (3) the 3D disc is locked. But no confirmation on MIB3, so yeah, valid point.