Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection") - Page 112 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-14-2017, 07:47 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
You think they're announcing Covenant already, only as part of this bundle, without any mention of it on the listing and no separate release for Covenant by itself?
Zavvi's description on the Twitter feed says it includes Covenant.

HMV is listing an Exclusive Steelbook for Covenant - unsure if that means they have their own or if that means they have the UK exclusive rights to one.

I have the link for the 4K one, but not the regular BD. They might have consolidated it as a 4K combo. Their Twitter feed indicated otherwise a few days ago.
http://store.hmv.com/film-tv/4k-ultr...hmv-exclusive)
Old 05-15-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Zavvi's description on the Twitter feed says it includes Covenant.
Yeah, this morning I got an email from Zavvi stating that Covenant was the sixth movie. Seems weird to me to do it this way, but I'm not buying it regardless.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:54 PM

New artwork for the Alien collection has been posted. Not much better than the other one.

My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:09 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Is the 3rd time I have seen the cover art changed.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:50 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

American Gods, not listed as a "Zavvi Exclusive" but still a limited edition advertised by Zavvi.
https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/americ.../11476976.html
Old 05-20-2017, 06:14 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: June 26, 2017

Studio: Warner Bros

Region: Free

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook (Limited to 1000 Copies) Blu-ray

Extras: NA

Technical Info: Dolby TrueHD 5.1, AR 2.41:1, 1 BD-50 Disc

Synopsis: Now seen in a Director’s Cut including 20 minutes of scenes not seen in its original release, Amadeus remains a screen triumph: as sumptuous period epic, as soaring celebration of the music of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and as the winner of 8 Academy Awards®**, including Best Picture (produced by Saul Zaentz), Actor (F. Murray Abraham), Director (Milos Forman) and Adapted Screenplay (Peter Shaffer, from his play). In 1781 Vienna, court composer Antonio Salieri (Abraham) is maddened with envy after discovering that the divine musical gifts he desires for himself have been bestowed on the bawdy, impish Mozart (Tom Hulce), whom he plots to destroy by any means necessary. And by means of cinematic craft and sublime music, we watch spellbound.

Comments: Previous Releases are region-free, no reason to doubt this will be the same available disc.

Spoiler

Old 05-20-2017, 07:59 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
New artwork for the Alien collection has been posted. Not much better than the other one.

Reverted back to the original one again:

Old 05-24-2017, 10:55 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: October 2, 2017

Studio: Disney

Region: NA

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook

Extras: Includes 2D version

Technical Info: NA

Synopsis: Captain Jack Sparrow finds the winds of ill-fortune blowing even more strongly when deadly ghost pirates led by his old nemesis, the terrifying Captain Salazar, escape from the Devil's Triangle, determined to kill every pirate at sea...including him. Captain Jack's only hope of survival lies in seeking out the legendary Trident of Poseidon, a powerful artifact that bestows upon its possessor total control over the seas.

Comments: UK Titles appears to be "Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge." As is a Disney release one should expect it to be region-free :yay:

Spoiler
Old 05-29-2017, 04:40 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: August 7, 2017

Studio: Universal

Region: Free

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray

Extras: NA

Technical Info: DTS-HD MA 5.1, AR 2.35:1, 1 BD-50 Disc

Synopsis: Nicholas Van Orton (Michael Douglas) is a shrewdly successful businessman who is accustomed to being in control of each facet of his investments and relationships. His well-ordered life undergoes a profound change when his brother Conrad (Sean Penn) gives him an unexpected birthday gift that soon has devastating consequences. “Tailored specifically to each participant. Think of it as a great vacation, except you don’t go to it, it comes to you...” There are no rules in THE GAME.

Comments: Previous releases are region-free. No reason to believe this one will be any different.

Spoiler

Old 06-10-2017, 11:17 AM

Zavvi has 'Alex Ross Universal Monsters' collection of 7 steels up. Basically, the classic black and white monster movies. Each is limited to 1000 copies, so I expect they'll disappear pretty fast.

The Wolfman
Frankenstein
Bride of Frankenstein
The Invisible Man
Creature from the Black Lagoon
The Mummy
Dracula

Each is currently going for $28.62 Canadian.

Also Krawk, they have a new(?) shipping option. The standard one, which is under $2 CAN, and a free tracked delivery option. I went with the standard shipping option for safety, but I wonder if the tracked option might not be better? Maybe the packaging is worse, or it's slower, or something.