Zavvi Exclusives Thread (Non-"Disney/Pixar Collection") - Page 102 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-15-2016, 11:52 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
One nice thing about Brexit is the conversion rate makes these less expensive than they were a year ago
Be it Zavvi or Amazon, some of their prices have edged up a little bit, thus offsetting the conversion. But yes, overall it is noticeable on some of the bigger sets.
Old 11-17-2016, 02:16 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

NOT listed as a Zavvi Exclusive, just a reveal for the movie Deepwater Horizon Steelbook.
Pop Art? :sick01:
http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/deepwat.../11372576.html
Old 11-17-2016, 02:41 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: December 9, 2016

Studio: Lionsgate

Region: B (locked)

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook

Extras: NA

Technical Info: DTS-HD MA 2.0, AR 1.33:1 (4:3,) 1 BD-25 Disc

Synopsis: In October of 1994, three students set out to make a documentary about The Blair Witch of Black Hills, Burkittsville. These three students never returned and one year after being declared missing their footage was found. This movie portrays that footage! This critically acclaimed movie opened at The Sundance Film Festival 1999 and has gathered a cult following making it an instant classic. A creepy horror not to be missed!

Comments:
Region-Coding -- As is a Lionsgate release, it is pretty much a guarantee that it will be region locked

Spoiler

Old 11-17-2016, 02:50 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: March 20, 2017

Studio: 20th Century Fox

Region: NA

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray

Technical Info: EXPECTED: DTS-HD MA 5.1, AR 2.39:1, 1 BD-50 Disc

Synopsis: When mysterious spacecraft touch down across the globe, an elite team – led by expert linguist Louise Banks (Amy Adams) – are brought together to investigate. As mankind teeters on the verge of global war, Banks and the team race against time for answers – and to find them, she will take a chance that could threaten her life, and quite possibly humanity’s very existence.

Comments: Region-Coding - A fair chance it will be region B locked. Fox seems to have been more aggressive lately with region locking regular BD discs even with UHD becoming more mainstream, which is opposite of what they should be doing. Artwork not final yet but rule of thumb for this is simple: If it looks cool now, it will probably change to something less cool. If it is lame now, it will remain as such.

Spoiler
Old 11-19-2016, 03:46 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: January 9, 2017

Studio: Sony Pictures

Region: Free

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray - Limited to 1000 copies

Technical Info: English+French+German DTS-HD MA 5.1, AR 1.85:1, 1 BD-50 Disc

Synopsis: Robert De Niro, Kenneth Branagh, Tom Hulce, Helena Bonham Carter, Aidan Quinn, Ian Holm and John Cleese star in Branagh's acclaimed adaptation of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. True to the original, here is the story of a young doctor whose obsession with death leads him to create a life. But his "creature" crafted from the bodies of convicts and the brain of a brilliant scientist, is a hideous mockery of humanity. And when the creature realizes he will never be accepted by men, he seeks revenge on Dr. Frankenstein and his family. An inspired adaptation that's emotionally complex and truly terrifying.

Comments: . Region-Coding - Previous UK release unknown, USA releases have been region-free and this is a Sony release so it is probably region free

Spoiler

Old 11-22-2016, 12:12 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Monday reveal: Marvel's Jessica Jones, Season One
http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/marvel-.../11348482.html
Old 11-24-2016, 07:35 AM

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children 3D
(Includes 2D Version)
[IMGTITLE="Purchase"]http://s4.thcdn.com/productimg/300/300/11373938-7504439511596763.jpg[/IMGTITLE]

Street Date: February 6, 2017

Studio: 20th Century Fox

Region: N/A

Zavvi Description: N/A

Extras: N/A

Technical Info: N/A

Synopsis: From visionary director Tim Burton, and based upon the best-selling novel, comes an unforgettable motion picture experience. When his beloved grandfather leaves Jake clues to a mystery that spans different worlds and times, he finds a magical place known as Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. But the mystery and danger deepen as he gets to know the residents and learns about their special powers…and their powerful enemies. Ultimately, Jake discovers that only his own special “peculiarity” can save his new friends.

Comments: It's a 20th Century Fox release, so a decent chance it will be region free.

Spoiler

Old 11-24-2016, 07:40 AM

In spite of the images, purchase availability, and description (which includes screencaps), there actually isn't much info currently available. No technical specs, no extras, no references to the number of copies available, not even a release date. It DOES look like the artwork is final. Looks pretty good IMO, especially the insert, it's very colourful.

Also, long time since I posted a product in a Zavvi thread. This was up at a bit of a weird time, so I figured I'd get the jump on it.

As an aside, I didn't like the book much. I expect this will be a rare case where I prefer the movie over the original novel.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:29 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Thanks SOD. Yeah, I saw this one when I checked my email on my phone.
As is always the case, I ordered now with the option to cancel later. With Best Buy and the UHD Steelbook Combos becoming a little more normal I can cross my fingers for that avenue instead. I give it a 50:50 chance on being region free, Fox seems to have been region locking MORE since the release of UHD BD, which makes you ask wtf?
Old 11-25-2016, 09:16 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Street Date: December 5, 2016

Studio: Disney

Region: Free

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray

Technical Info: Likely: Dolby Digital 5.1, AR 1.78:1, 4 BD-50 Discs

Synopsis: Raw, riveting and relentlessly compelling, Marvel’s Jessica Jones: The Complete First Season ignites a firestorm of suspense cloaked in the haze of a noir-inspired slow burn. Haunted by a tragedy that broke her world apart, Jessica Jones settles in Hell’s Kitchen, New York City, and opens her own detective agency, called Alias Investigations, with the hope of rebuilding her life and keeping the lights on in her apartment. She discovers that the source of her trauma, a mind-controlling sociopath named Kilgrave, has resurfaced, forcing her to use her gifts as a private eye to track him down before he causes more damage to her life or to anyone else.
Disc 1:
1. AKA LADIES NIGHT
2. AKA CRUSH SYNDROME
3. AKA IT'S CALLED WHISKEY
Disc 2:
4. AKA 99 FRIENDS
5. AKA THE SANDWICH SAVED ME
6. AKA YOU'RE A WINNER!
Disc 3:
7. AKA TOP SHELF PERVERTS
8. AKA WWJD?
9. AKA SIN BIN
Disc 4:
10. AKA 1,000 CUTS
11. AKA I'VE GOT THE BLUES
12. AKA TAKE A BLOODY NUMBER
13. AKA SMILE

Comments: Listed as region-free. As is a Disney release that is close to a 100% probability :yay:

Spoiler