Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

hd dvd They may kill our format, but they will NEVER take our freedom!

Men and Women, it's been a long war, a cold war... we all may not have joined the good fight at the same time, but it's been an honor to share the same HDM format with you. We gave it our best efforts, but some things are out of our control. The people who we served, decided to turn on us because they became gutless and of instead of having competition breed better products for all, they killed what we were fighting for...and took the front runner... just so they can make it easier for the dumb consumers who cannot choose what they want based on research, choice, or facts.

My veins will never bleed blu... but at some point in the future, the distant future, I will bleed again and it will be purple. Nothing less than that, my friends. My pure red brother and sisters, we will be alright. We did what we felt was right and enjoyed the time we have together. We didn't play both sides, we devoted ourselfs to the cause.

Should it all end tomorrow, I just want to say Thank You. Thank you for keeping the dream alive, long after the majority defected to the front runner. Those people will never have what we shared. In the end, we came, we saw, we enjoyed.

Thank you my friends.
    Collection Started: 2/06/08 -Thanks to Amazon.com and their $79.99 HD-DVD Add-on to the Xbox 360.

- 4 Titles so far (5 for ordering coming one day).

How clever were you to start your hd-dvd collection in february 2008.

You will never bleed blu because you have 4 hddvd's and you bought a 360 add on less than 2 weeks ago? wow.........

It does not matter when I started as I will only buy HD-DVDs until the last drop of red is gone from stores. I came into the game late, but I haven't bought a single thing Blu. I have only added purely to HD-DVD. We all can't be there day one.
    Collection Started: 2/06/08 -Thanks to Amazon.com and their $79.99 HD-DVD Add-on to the Xbox 360.

So, you're in this for movies, right?
    : Lost count!

Most wanted : Leprechaun in the Hood

Braveheart is distributed by Fox overseas, so a blu-ray import might be possible if Paramount doesn't say uncle

- T
    GET A PS3!
    The Digital Swiss Army Knife

Quote Originally Posted by Trenchalicious View Post

Should it all end tomorrow, .
    News flash: it ended yesterday
    46" Sony Bravia XBR3 1080p
    52" Sharp Aquos 1080p
    PS3
    HD-DVD addon

consumers chose blu ray last year. so the retailers and studios are responding to that. did every hd zealot fail basic economics? blu ray movies outsold hd 2:1 deal with it. you all have been spinning facts for so long that you've forgotten what the truth looks like. well, here it is.

HD DVD LOST. DESPITE BEING PROVEN TO HAVE PAID OFF SUPPORTING STUDIOS, DESPITE THE CONSTANT FLOW OF LIES FROM EXECUTIVES PAID TO SPEAK TO THE PUBLIC (KENNY) AND THOSE WHO SIMPLY LIKE MISLEADING CONSUMERS (AMIR)

get over it, move on. enjoy what you have, and no you will not get reparations for your hd dvd slavery.

It does not matter when I started as I will only buy HD-DVDs until the last drop of red is gone from stores.
    One question: why? You can do whatever you want but I am just curious.....

Most reds are going to hate you as this "representative" of them, seeing as you didn't support the format when it actually needed your assistance, and not only that you buying an HD-DVD player in February is one of the worst ideas around. This your way of justifying a mistake?

I really hope you aren't "staying red" because you believe this format war is an extension of the console wars, because it wasn't and it never was.

i hardly call you a soldier for entering this war this month and owning 4 hd dvds. youre like the guy who is holding the flag or banging on the snare drum while marching.
    40" sony 1080p / 40" sony KDL40v4100
    panny BD10A and sony s350 player
    pioneer elite 91 TXH receiver / panamax m4300
    polk RTi10 fronts/ polk DSWpro 600/ polk LSiC center
    panny ae2000u projector/ elite 106" screen
    ps3 60 gig/ onkyo 7.1 SR-800 HTIB
    368 blu rays 25 ps3 games
    ps network ID- alkalinesi

Quote Originally Posted by tons of puppies View Post
    Most reds are going to hate you as this "representative" of them, seeing as you didn't support the format when it actually needed your assistance, and not only that you buying an HD-DVD player in February is one of the worst ideas around. This your way of justifying a mistake?

I would say to them, thank you for keeping it alive so me and countless others could enjoy it. I supported it after WB dropped them and will continue to support them until the very end. I have a 360 and I was waiting for a 360 Add-on for quite some time. I could only find it for $179.99 online. I got lucky and I am thankful for it. I am thankful for them. I am not speaking for them, just expressing thanks.

Anyway you were better off buying an A35 over the add-on.

Quote Originally Posted by superk View Post
    One question: why? You can do whatever you want but I am just curious.....
    Blu-ray fanboys are just as annoying as the PS3 ones. The majority of the movies I want to see are on HD-DVD... and maybe I will get lucky and the masses will reject Blu-ray and the company will drop it after only hardcore users adopt it.

I would say to them, thank you for keeping it alive so me and countless others could enjoy it. I supported it after WB dropped them and will continue to support them until the very end. I have a 360 and I was waiting for a 360 Add-on for quite some time. I could only find it for $179.99 online. I got lucky and I am thankful for it. I am thankful for them. I am not speaking for them, just expressing thanks.
    goodluck trying to get the dark knight or transformers 2 on hd dvd. very smart move. so you wait until AFTER the dominos start falling.
    40" sony 1080p / 40" sony KDL40v4100
    panny BD10A and sony s350 player
    pioneer elite 91 TXH receiver / panamax m4300
    polk RTi10 fronts/ polk DSWpro 600/ polk LSiC center
    panny ae2000u projector/ elite 106" screen
    ps3 60 gig/ onkyo 7.1 SR-800 HTIB
    368 blu rays 25 ps3 games
    ps network ID- alkalinesi

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast