Default First Reformed - HDD Review

Following a disillusioned pastor as he grows increasingly detached, Paul Schrader's First Reformed examines weighty concepts tied to faith and despair. Through a potently minimalist aesthetic, the movie creates a palpable air of isolation and cinematic ambiguity, resulting in an affecting and quietly profound experience. A modest yet respectful technical presentation and a pair of informative supplements all round out the Blu-ray package. Recommended.

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/609...treformed.html
    Check out my award winning experimental short film Broken Records

Nice review. I've never heard of this film before, but am a huge fan of Ethan Hawke. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

One thing about the review, is the video image really 1.33:1, or did you mean 1.78:1 (or 1.85:1)?
    How am I not myself?

Live everyday like it's the best day of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
    Nice review. I've never heard of this film before, but am a huge fan of Ethan Hawke. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

One thing about the review, is the video image really 1.33:1, or did you mean 1.78:1 (or 1.85:1)?
    Thanks! And yes, the aspect ratio is 1.33:1. Part of the director's stripped-down style.
    Check out my award winning experimental short film Broken Records