Exclamation Panasonic UB820/UB9000 w/HCX video processor & dynamic conversion adjustment

We're poised for another big year targeting the discerning UHD/HDR BD and streaming enthusiasts.

Happy to report that Panasonic will be launching Worldwide (USA included) the highly anticipated UB820 and UB9000 UHD/HDR BD players.

Our first allocation of UB820s is scheduled for the week of July 23rd and the UB9000 will launch October, 2018.

Now for the first time, users can adjust the tone mapping to your specific displays luminance capacity for the ultimate control of the entire tonal range for all HDR formats and content. This includes streaming content through the built-in Smart apps for those with projectors, monitors or anyone who wants to have control of the luminance tone mapping and "Hollywood Cinema Experience", HCX video processing. Panasonic created and mastered HCX video processing over the years with Panasonic's Hollywood Laboratory.

The UB9000 adds the best possible audio experiences with dedicated DACs and 7.1 analog audio outputs as well as support for all Hi-Res audio formats. I started a dedicate UB9000 thread here.

We built dedicated pages for the UB820 and UB9000 with more technical specs and general information.
    Last edited by Robert Zohn; 08-02-2018 at 03:27 PM.

Very busy day at Value Electronics today!

We received our 1st allocation of Panasonic's new UB820 BD ayer and double boxed and shipped all of our clients pre-orders.

Attachment 5578
    Last edited by Robert Zohn; 07-31-2018 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Zohn View Post
    Very bust day at Value Electronics today!
    Sorry to hear that Robert!
    (I know, you meant to say BUSY - with the rest of the post I sort of figured that out)
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Oops, thanks! Fixed the typo. It was busy, not bust.

Those dedicated pages links are both busted for 404, well at least it's not for 420.

Thanks, ^ fixed the links!

Old thread, but I just picked one of these up at a decent open box price. I wanted to audition it against my Oppo 203 on my JVC RS420 projector. It canít be argued the Panasonic beats the pants off Oppo on 4K HDR. The Panny is sharper, and produces MUCH better contrast and colors. Comparing the opening scene of The Revenant, the Panny produces an image with twice the pop.

Debating whether to sell the Oppo and make a bit of profit. Iím a straight HDMI guy, Iíve only got a few sacds and dvd-aís.. canít remember the last time I played any of them. And I believe thereís firmware to make the Panny region free. 🤔
    HT gear: JVC X570r 4K e-Shift projector, 150" screen, Yamaha CX-A5100 preamp, Klipsch ProCinema 7.2.4 Atmos,Oppo UDP-203(region free), Xbox One, Playstation 4, RetroN 5, , Xbox 360, Toshiba XA2

Quote Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
    Old thread, but I just picked one of these up at a decent open box price. I wanted to audition it against my Oppo 203 on my JVC RS420 projector. It canít be argued the Panasonic beats the pants off Oppo on 4K HDR. The Panny is sharper, and produces MUCH better contrast and colors. Comparing the opening scene of The Revenant, the Panny produces an image with twice the pop.
    Is not a straight digital signal to the TV/Receiver? Is the Panny processing the image?
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Yes HDMI from Panny to receiver to projector. Yep the Panasonic does Ďtone mappingí to match your displays capabilities. Itís different from what Oppo does, the result is much better.
    HT gear: JVC X570r 4K e-Shift projector, 150" screen, Yamaha CX-A5100 preamp, Klipsch ProCinema 7.2.4 Atmos,Oppo UDP-203(region free), Xbox One, Playstation 4, RetroN 5, , Xbox 360, Toshiba XA2