Page 345 of 348 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 5206

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post

The NFL was dogshit this year.
    It is every year

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Yes, I believe each plane is like buying a game. Then again if it works as in the trailer and runs well, Iím fine with just the free Super Hornet and one or two pay planes. Hypothetically.

My PC is definitely below their spec which is a first. Iíve never seen a game recommend 32GB RAM before.
    I gave Digital Combat simulator a try ........Hugely impressed

I only have 16Gig and a GTX 1070 which is below their recommended spec for VR but I'm guessing it sets itself up nicely since whilst the settings were low it ran nice and smoothly and still managed to look pretty impressive.....but it really makes me want to upgrade my PC to get it looking more like the trailer. It also did a nice job with default settings for my HOTAS and there is a quick fly option where they start you out in the air so you only need to worry about the stick and throttle and just go have some fun above the city

instantly wanted more though so I'm going to have to invest in some DLC.....good timing since a bunch of it is 50% off until Feb 14th. Absolutely have to pick up the Spitfire and England or Normandy map packs to fly around......This is going to get expensive fast

Looking more in depth into it this can be an incredibly in depth simulator if you want it to be. I was reading a guide on their forums for the Spitfire and the pre-flight/takeoff checklist is 57 steps long....57!!!! Nice

Very glad you pointed this out to me
    Thank you
    PSN : DaveS1138
    The Definitive (tm) GT5 vs Forza 3 bet
    Vanquished I retreat from the field.....the victory is miDnIghtEr's
    Forza - Finally able to race at night and in the wet...just like GT3 did.....in 2001.....on the PS2

Thatís a really stupid take, CD.

Next time you can fly to work in an F-22 and shoot down a few MiGs on the way, youíll have a point. Or even just drive a Bugatti in Tokyo on demand and without being pulled over for speeding.

Until then itís yet another failed attempt at mocking humor. Womp womp.

Honestly, youíve got nothing, and you know it. Best you can do is ďI tried it and didnít like it,Ē and even then itís questionably sincere given how often you sing praises of stuff like Remedyís MS-exclusive post-Max-Payne output despite it being generally accepted as mediocre.
    lol, knew it would trigger you.

BOOM!

PS Alan Wake was godlike and would happily put myself through the misery of owning another Sony console if it only came out for PS5.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post
    I gave Digital Combat simulator a try ........Hugely impressed

I only have 16Gig and a GTX 1070 which is below their recommended spec for VR but I'm guessing it sets itself up nicely since whilst the settings were low it ran nice and smoothly and still managed to look pretty impressive.....but it really makes me want to upgrade my PC to get it looking more like the trailer. It also did a nice job with default settings for my HOTAS and there is a quick fly option where they start you out in the air so you only need to worry about the stick and throttle and just go have some fun above the city

instantly wanted more though so I'm going to have to invest in some DLC.....good timing since a bunch of it is 50% off until Feb 14th. Absolutely have to pick up the Spitfire and England or Normandy map packs to fly around......This is going to get expensive fast

Looking more in depth into it this can be an incredibly in depth simulator if you want it to be. I was reading a guide on their forums for the Spitfire and the pre-flight/takeoff checklist is 57 steps long....57!!!! Nice

Very glad you pointed this out to me
    Thank you
    You are welcome. Sounds nice. I also have 16GB and 1070 in fact. (But I don't even have a HOTAS.)

My pilot friend wants to get a VR setup for X-Plane (which isn't even billed as a game but a flight simulator, up to and including being usable as official flight hours).

---

FWIW I read that the built-in combat campaign in DCS is nothing special, but there are sweet scenarios built by modders or someone that can be downloaded and installed easily.

---

You guys mentioned 3D Blu-Rays working in VR automatically. Here's my take on 3D cinema... the first few times I hated it (Avatar, Toy Story 3), as it was just intrusive and too dark. Some of the others were "fine," take it or leave it. But the one 3D film that was absolutely mind-blowingly amazing BECAUSE of 3D was Gravity. I had low expectations (and I have issues with some dialogue and story), but the immersion of the experience completely blew every concern away.

So I ordered a Gravity 3D Blu-Ray to see what that's like in the PSVR "IMAX" theater. Will report back....
    Receiver: Denon AVR-X3000 / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Switch, Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S, Xbox One X, PS3 (+320GB), PS4+VR, PSTV, GBA SP, Vita OLED, PSP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver, Oculus VR+Touch
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, Roku, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    lol, knew it would trigger you.

BOOM!

PS Alan Wake was godlike and would happily put myself through the misery of owning another Sony console if it only came out for PS5.
    "godlike"

Even if that's 90% a joke, it's sad. Game was as repetitive as it was dated mechanically, not to mention a rough image quality on 360 and writing that only resonated when it aped Twin Peaks. Did have a couple cool moments though. Unless something in the story or imagery resonated in some special way, I have never understood anyone's enthusiasm for that game. It's bizarre.

I haven't yet decided if Quantum Break is a step forward or not. It has some of the same issues as Alan Wake, with the stuck-in-the-past design and rough visuals. I guess I haven't finished it yet, and a lot hinges on how the story ends up, but I just got bored by it.

I find it deeply disturbing that those guys still can't outdo their first real hit, Max Payne, even though that game at times felt like it was made by an indie studio and is now almost 20 years old. (Not an attack... just pointing out the comic book panels looked like they were using amateur actors or possibly own studio employees as models... that game looked amazing given the obvious budget constraints, and in general.) On paper, the games after Max Payne 2 were more sophisticated and "bigger," yet they just can't capture the visceral fun of the shooting and writing in those games.
    Consoles: Switch, Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S, Xbox One X, PS3 (+320GB), PS4+VR, PSTV, GBA SP, Vita OLED, PSP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver, Oculus VR+Touch

Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Seriously, if you ever find a decent price in SW:Battlefront for a few bucks, or can even borrow it from someone, download the X-Wing demo. That's a recipe for turning you into a giggling 9 year old right there.
    Played this last night. I loved it, LOVED it.

Is Remedy even the same group of people at this point? I would think the Team has had near 100% turn-over since the original Max Payne, and probably 3 or 4 generations of employees in some roles since then...
    PS4, 75" UHD HDR TV, Athena 5.1

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 32" QHD Monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Is Remedy even the same group of people at this point? I would think the Team has had near 100% turn-over since the original Max Payne, and probably 3 or 4 generations of employees in some roles since then...
    Donít know. I do know that Sam Lake (original Max Payne face and lead of some kind) keeps popping up in every game in some form in fake TV shows and the like. I also know theyíre still using the same literal Max Payne sound effect for ďthis door is for decoration only and is locked and can not be entered in this hallwayĒ in every game.

Personally I feel their problem is theyíre stuck in the past and keep making last-last-gen games, as if nothing happened since 2000 in game design. Why this happened I can only speculate clumsily. To me it sounds like maybe not enough turnover as opposed the reverse, but pure conjecture on my part.

You guys mentioned 3D Blu-Rays working in VR automatically. Here's my take on 3D cinema... the first few times I hated it (Avatar, Toy Story 3), as it was just intrusive and too dark. Some of the others were "fine," take it or leave it. But the one 3D film that was absolutely mind-blowingly amazing BECAUSE of 3D was Gravity. I had low expectations (and I have issues with some dialogue and story), but the immersion of the experience completely blew every concern away.

So I ordered a Gravity 3D Blu-Ray to see what that's like in the PSVR "IMAX" theater. Will report back....
    I found the 3D effect when you just insert a 3D blu ray in the PS4 and play it little underwhelming although that seems to vary by title.
    I prefer the LittlStar theater mode.....it's a lot more work to convert the movie to play from a .mkv file instead of just putting in the disc and hitting play but I found the 3D to be more pronounced. Plus I like that you are actually sitting in a virtual theater watching the movie instead of just having the movie screen floating infront of your face.
    Just personal preference though.

It's annoying that 4K movies tend to not come with the 3D discs as an option now There have been times when I had to buy two copies of the same movie to have it in 4K and 3D Although studios seem to be giving up on 3D anyway in the US...... Avatar 2 can't get here fast enough
    PSN : DaveS1138
    The Definitive (tm) GT5 vs Forza 3 bet
    Vanquished I retreat from the field.....the victory is miDnIghtEr's
    Forza - Finally able to race at night and in the wet...just like GT3 did.....in 2001.....on the PS2

So this happened...

Name:  DED5988D-B930-40F9-9B66-718516A22D87.jpeg
Views: 20
Size:  84.3 KB

Could it mean...?
    Last edited by RedRedSuit; 02-11-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Link isnít working for me

Sigh. This forum. Anyway, itís a screenshot of me begging for more VR at the AC head honcho, and him liking the tweet.

Sigh. This forum. Anyway, itís a screenshot of me begging for more VR at the AC head honcho, and him liking the tweet.
    We can hope. I mean, I figure there must some VR missions at various stages of completion, since the original plan for AC7 was, "And it'll have its own dedicated VR campaign!"

Then several months later, it dropped to, "It'll have a dozen or so VR missions!"

Then several months after that, it turned into, "It'll have five VR missions!"

Then, a few months prior to actual release, it was confirmed, "Three bonus VR missions!"

So clearly, something happened along the way. I don't know if it was time, money, technology not being feasible for their ambitions, or them just looking at the metrics of VR use, but as more time passed and the game got delayed, they became increasingly less supportive of the VR component.

If they start putting a few new ones here and there, I'd certainly be up for it.

Hopefully they merely decided to money-grub for the other VR missions which already exist.

Yes, I realize I just expressed hope for anti-consumer dickery. Thatís how much I want more AC VR.

P.S. The VR modeís ďstory,Ē such as it is, does set up more missions at the end. But really these are the ravings of a desperate man.

Page 345 of 348 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347 ... LastLast