Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 'A Christmas Horror Story' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed 'A Christmas Horror Story'. He says this is the perfect stocking stuffer for the horror fan on your holiday list. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2600...rrorstory.html
    Check out my author website and
    get a free copy of BRICK RANSOM!
    www.mikeattebery.com

Am glad to see this one with a decent rating. A brief synopsis and a flashy cover art is all I had to decide if I wanted to spend my cash on a blind buy.
    And a company that is unknown to me as well, releasing a decent product. I don't feel so reluctant to make the purchase now.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Saw this at Walmart yesterday but there are TWO problems.

1) They only offer the dvd, NOT the Blu-Ray
    2) For some reason, it's called "Holiday Horror Story" --- WTF? If "Christmas" offends, I am sure a horror story around/about it would offend even more.

So, I ordered from Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    Saw this at Walmart yesterday but there are TWO problems.

1) They only offer the dvd, NOT the Blu-Ray
    2) For some reason, it's called "Holiday Horror Story" --- WTF? If "Christmas" offends, I am sure a horror story around/about it would offend even more.

So, I ordered from Amazon.
    Holiday Horror Story?!?! Are you f'n kidding me??? I would LOVE to see a picture of that DVD package.That's just ridiculous. What next? Black Holiday? A Holiday Story? How the Grinch Stole Holiday? GTFO! People get offended over the dumbest things and love to ruin fun for others. That's just brutal.
    How am I not myself?

Live everyday like it's the best day of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
    Holiday Horror Story?!?! Are you f'n kidding me??? I would LOVE to see a picture of that DVD package.That's just ridiculous. What next? Black Holiday? A Holiday Story? How the Grinch Stole Holiday? GTFO! People get offended over the dumbest things and love to ruin fun for others. That's just brutal.
    Lol, nice comeback.

When I saw the package I asked the associate wtf, no Blu version and what's with the altered title?

Will snap a picture and post it. When I go to Walmart.com and type in "horror story" it comes up as Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    Lol, nice comeback.

When I saw the package I asked the associate wtf, no Blu version and what's with the altered title?

Will snap a picture and post it. When I go to Walmart.com and type in "horror story" it comes up as Christmas.
    I got to thinking, maybe "Holiday Horror Story" is a rip-off film, you know, like when a company like Asylum makes movies like "The Day the Earth Stopped". Searched Google about it and came back with nothing of the sort. I still can't believe Walmart would alter a title like that. Ridiculous.
    How am I not myself?

I got to thinking, maybe "Holiday Horror Story" is a rip-off film, you know, like when a company like Asylum makes movies like "The Day the Earth Stopped". Searched Google about it and came back with nothing of the sort. I still can't believe Walmart would alter a title like that. Ridiculous.
    Tis the real deal, photo is next.

"Holiday" Horror Story.

Note the caption/review is exactly the same, the cover art is also the same.

Name:  Horror Story.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  57.3 KB

A clearer picture of the movie in the rack. Each time I took a pic of the movie with the caption at the bottom it was not as clear.

Name:  Horror Story 2.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  47.2 KB

E can you verify what you received is CHRISTMAS Horror Story? Per my pictures above, is this something Walmart did or is it everywhere?

This is particularly strange considering that Walmart is run by Hard Right Wing Christians - the type who play along with Bill O'Reilly's "War on Christmas" nonsense. If anything, I'd expect them to rename Holiday Inn as "Christmas Inn" and Roman Holiday as "Roman Christmas."
    Josh Z
    Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
    Curator, Laserdisc Forever
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.

How am I not myself?

That's insane!

My copy definitely reads 'Christmas Horror Story.'
    M. Enois Duarte
    High-Def Digest Contributor
    Hi-Def Collection
    Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
    we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael

Thanks for the pictures, Krawk. I still can't believe Walmart would do that.

On Walmart.ca (Canada), they have this listing up (DVD only as well):

When I go into my local Walmart next time, I'll keep an eye out for it and see if it is indeed A CHRISTMAS Horror Story.

Walmart USA's website says Christmas on the cover art as well, but I am curious if you order it what you end up with because "Holiday Horror Story" does not yield matches.

My copy from Amazon arrives Friday so will see what's what.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
    This is particularly strange considering that Walmart is run by Hard Right Wing Christians - the type who play along with Bill O'Reilly's "War on Christmas" nonsense. If anything, I'd expect them to rename Holiday Inn as "Christmas Inn" and Roman Holiday as "Roman Christmas."
    I still remember the war on the word "Christmas" a few years ago or so with Walmart and they were telling people to use the universal Happy Holidays phrase instead. According to the media, they even fired a greeter for using the word Christmas. Then there was the backlash and they came back and said they never discouraged the use of it, so here we are today.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
    I know right, feels like the twilight zone. Think I'll pick this one up, not from Wally World obviously.
    HT gear: JVC X570r 4K e-Shift projector, 150" screen, Yamaha CX-A5100 preamp, Klipsch ProCinema 7.2.4 Atmos,Oppo UDP-203(region free), Xbox One, Playstation 4, RetroN 5, , Xbox 360, Toshiba XA2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast