Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Valerian and the city of a thousand planets and Zootopia.

Zootopia is a solid 3D title, definitely a little bit different than what I was expecting but also more entertaining than I thought it would be.

Valerian, well, I'm not sure if this is a conversion or a hybrid, but it's medium to high 3D generally throughout, sometimes with extremely strong (eye strain) 3D scenes. The problem with getting a region A (or all region) release is that the Russian version, which is widely available, doesn't have an English track, and when some of the other (A or all region) versions pop up, they can be expensive. Fortunately, I was able to get the HK region A version, which seems to be out of stock more than in stock, but I guess I just got lucky with the timing, as it was a little cheaper than other versions. I bought the Russian version awhile back, not knowing it didn't have English. So, I guess it's just something to put in my collection...

Solo: a star wars story.... I loved the film, but let's talk about the 3D. The movie is mostly dark scenes, but the 3D is pretty mild in a lot of the shots, with some medium to strong 3D here and there.

The Meg... It's been awhile since I've watched a 3D film, due to life, having a family, etc... I'm not sure how the 3D really made the meg any better. There are some good 3D scenes in it, but there are also a lot of dark scenes too. I was surprised that the end credits actually had more popout than the whole movie, with water bubbles or something rolling over the credits. I would imagine that, the bigger the screen, the better the experience, when it comes to watching a huge, killer megalodon shark in 3D. I thought the movie was good, not great, entertaining if cheesy at times. If I ever build an outdoor projection screen, it'd probably be on the list of titles to view outdoors, on a 20' screen, albeit probably not on the top of my list.

BUMP - Thread UNSTUCK til issue is fixed.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859