problems with comcast hd hbo on demand 5.1 audio - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-21-2014, 08:37 PM

Default problems with comcast hd hbo on demand 5.1 audio

Hello,
I have an HD tv with Denon 5.1 surround sound system connected to comcast hd. All the channels work perfect including the blu ray player and dvr. Recently I added HBO on demand. I noticed that on most shows on certain episodes there is a 1 second sound drop every 5 seconds. For example The Pacific episodes 1-4 are perfect. Episodes 5, 6 and 7 have audio drop off.Many calls to comcast later I ended up with a tech on the phone who had me adjust the cable box HDMI setting to L-PCM. I asked if this would affect my 5.1 sound and he said no. the sound drop off had stopped, but everything is now in stereo I had lost all 5.1 sound. So HBO on demand only some episodes, and only hd has the problem.
Any one have any ideas? Comcast probably feels they fixed the problem but i don't want to give up on 5.1 surround on the on demand shows.