How to ship a Pioneer DVL-919 laserdisc player - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-02-2011, 06:42 PM

Default How to ship a Pioneer DVL-919 laserdisc player

Hello folks, I jumped on board because I need your help. I just sold a Pioneer DVL-919 laserdisc player for a friend on eBay. He then informed me that we need to lock the transport so it could be shipped without damage. We don't have anything to lock it and we don't know how to lock this player.

Can anyone provide instructions on what I need to do to ship this player and not have it get destroyed.

Thanks very much in advance.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:59 PM

It's been awhile but my old players used to have a screw on the bottom of the player that you turned in to lock the mechanism for transport .
Old 09-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Formerly Lordoftherings

^ Ya that!
Old 09-03-2011, 11:01 AM

Smile solution for locking trasport/laser head of DVL-919 laserdisc player

Thanks for your responses CC and LOTREE. But searching for more info on the Internet lead me to learn and do the following:

I confirmed that it does appear that the dvl-919 does NOT require a locking screw. BUT, there is a specific shutdown procedure that will "lock" the transport in place.

THE POWER DOWN (OFF) PROCEDURE IS CRITICAL!

Here is what to do: power on the player, actually turn it on, now press the power button (you'll hear the laser head moving around) and then a red stand by light will come on above the power button, when the player is quiet and red light is on - press the power button again, now you'll hear things moving around again as it locks the mechanism and then all lights will go off including the red stand by button. once all lights are off and no noises are coming from the player it can be unplugged. Now if you pick up the player and tip it side to side you shouldn't hear the mechanism easily moving about (powered down incorrectly and the laser head can easily be heard moving around when you tip the player side to side). Now it should be ready for moving or shipping etc.

Hope this helps others.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Formerly Lordoftherings

Here you go! :smile:
Old 07-06-2013, 01:04 PM

very carefully.