Apple TV - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-10-2011, 05:59 AM

Default Apple TV

Any other Apple TV users here? I reckon a third of my collection is made up of movie/TV downloads from iTunes, the HD quality isn't quite blu-ray standard but for many movies it's good enough.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exy View Post
Any other Apple TV users here? I reckon a third of my collection is made up of movie/TV downloads from iTunes, the HD quality isn't quite blu-ray standard but for many movies it's good enough.
I'm thinking of getting Apple TV. I have become an itunes junkie as of late and I really like what Apple TV offers.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:47 AM

I've owned three -- one of the original versions and two of the new design. The original was a bit overpriced and underpowered at times -- prone to getting really hot too, because of its CPU and hard drive.

The new guy is perfect. Compact, silent, runs cool, and is plenty powerful. The Netflix streaming works very well, as does the MLB.tv streaming. And it's priced extremely competitively.

If you watch a lot of stuff through iTunes, it's a great idea. DirecTV *still* doesn't carry AMC in HD, so I'll likely be doing a season pass for Breaking Bad this coming season and watching it on the Apple TV -- did the same thing for the last season of Mad Men and was quite happy with the video quality.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:09 AM

Yeah, for many other movies it's good enough, now the Apple TV is one of our family's home media centre in the help of Handbrake and iFunia.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet11 View Post
Yeah, for many other movies it's good enough, now the Apple TV is one of our family's home media centre in the help of Handbrake and iFunia.
Welcome to the site Janet11.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:32 PM

Definitely worth getting considering how affordable it is. The digital radio and podcasts features make it great for the home theater set up for sure. I find it "good enough" for rentals quality wise. Between the AppleTV, Xbox Live rentals and Mubi.com I have my weekly entertainment paid for.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:45 PM

I really like the most recent Apple TV just wish more networks would hop on board with apps. Also if Siri could understand an uncomplicated command, she's an idiot.

They removed the optical audio plug. That is my biggest disappointment. WHY? ! So why do I have to transform for the TV to stream music? ?? I used to do this before when the optical audio cable was plugged directly into the receiver of my sound system. The TV is on throughout the working day for nothing! !!