Your thoughts on Sony Internet HDTV's (powered by Google) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-25-2010, 11:21 PM

Default Your thoughts on Sony Internet HDTV's (powered by Google)

I think the idea is cool but I think these type of HDTV's may have a hard time getting consumers to buy into this concept. Still early though so who knows. What do you guys (and gals) think??

Sorry if I put this thread in the wrong forum...was not sure which forum this thread belonged in.:shamebag1::doh2:
Old 10-25-2010, 11:56 PM

I like all my hardware component style and seperate. I do NOT want an all-in-one box. I am trying to actually avoid that.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favelle View Post
I like all my hardware component style and seperate. I do NOT want an all-in-one box. I am trying to actually avoid that.
Ditto.

I like upgrading my stuff. An HTPC is easy to upgrade but how do you upgrade such an internal solution?
Old 08-14-2016, 11:47 PM

The TV is only 60 Hz. That is the first major negative for me. Even though this is lower than most TV's available this size, you can actually hardly notice a positive change. The TV's processor is also a little weak and causes the TV to lag a little when loading an application. That's the second major negative. On account of the slower processor speed the TV is certainly not very good for playing video gaming online but can still work acceptable for games in regular story mode (Offline). The 3rd major negative in regards to this TV tends to be that some websites block the television from gaining access to their internet site. Many of the websites which do this will work on special deals or already have made deals with Sony or Google and just one or two websites actually block the television. The fourth negative for me was that fact that this TV uses an Audio Optical Cable out in order to hook up surround sound which meant I needed to buy a new receiver because my old one did not have an Audio Optical Cable IN.