Netflix Gets a Makeover - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-05-2010, 02:50 PM

Default Netflix Gets a Makeover

Netflix Gets a Makeover:

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...z4TgaooNYLKXtG
Old 03-08-2010, 09:18 AM

There is also no "New Release" page anymore
Old 03-08-2010, 09:23 AM

I haven't used netflix.com for streaming since they first offered it a few years ago, but back then they had individual shows listed on the page. I stopped using it because they had nothing to offer and watching it on a laptop connected to my TV wasn't convenient.

Then comes Xbox 360 and streaming is much more convenient, and that has always shown individual episodes and which ones were watched, percentages watched, etc.

Never used the friends list though; never heard of it. But on Xbox I can watch a movie with my friends, and we'll all be in different homes with headsets on! (Insert sarcastic emoticon here)
Old 03-08-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by film11 View Post
There is also no "New Release" page anymore
I have one on my home page, 3rd tab from the left...
Old 03-08-2010, 01:43 PM

speaking of netflix... does anyone else have to wait 3-5 seconds after loading your queue before you can start interacting with it (such as rating a movie, moving it up/down on your list, or deleting it)?

The page seems fully loaded, everything looks normal... but I just have to wait a bit before I do anything.

I use Firefox 3.6... the issue seems to be less noticeable with Explorer, but its still there.

I would have posted this at the netflix blog linked in the article, but I have a feeling they're concentrating on bitching about the whole friends list thing.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP32 View Post
speaking of netflix... does anyone else have to wait 3-5 seconds after loading your queue before you can start interacting with it (such as rating a movie, moving it up/down on your list, or deleting it)?

The page seems fully loaded, everything looks normal... but I just have to wait a bit before I do anything.

I use Firefox 3.6... the issue seems to be less noticeable with Explorer, but its still there.

I would have posted this at the netflix blog linked in the article, but I have a feeling they're concentrating on bitching about the whole friends list thing.
From home it is fine, but mine is like that at work with a lesser PC. So my best guess would be an issue on your end.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:03 PM

This article left out a few important things.

Intro: I am a very active Netflixer, and I am not happy with the changes. First of all, this alleged survey of users about which features are and aren't useful...Where is that survey? Why didn't I receive it? Why didn't I know about it? Why isn't Netflix being transparent and showing said survey or SOME proof of it? Why hasn't any one commented on the blog saying, Hey guys, I completed the survey, and I don't use those features.

Second, where is Netflix? Well, for one, Netflix is updating their Facebook page. BUT Netflix is NOT replying to any of the currently 291 comments on the Netflix Blog asking for more information as to why these valuable features were removed. I actively used the Friends feature. In fact, I've beefed up my membership plan over the months because my queue has become so large, thanks to friend recommendations. Netflix Friends features define Netflix. They separate Netflix from Blockbuster and Red Box. I can get just as many and varied movies without using Netflix...for cheaper. I keep Netflix because of the ratings and the friends.

Third, why did Netflix delete 100+ negative comments to their blog just after the new layout was rolled out? SUre, the one peep from a Netflix rep in the past 3 days says it was a technical glitch. Bull. A technical glitch that affected, seemingly, only ONE of the blog entries that just happens to have 100+ negative reactions to an un-user friendly and dumbed down Web site...sure guys.

Fourth, according to some of those blog posts, and I've checked it out myself, Netflix uses a site tracker device that publicly and easily lists all sorts of information about its users. It's easy to find out IP addresses, locations, legnth of time on site, etc thanks to Netflix. Glad to see Netflix also lacks any interest in protecting users' privacy.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disilluzion View Post
From home it is fine, but mine is like that at work with a lesser PC. So my best guess would be an issue on your end.
You would think that... but my laptop is able to edit HD video pretty smoothly, so I would imagine a website wouldn't be much of a problem for it.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:36 PM

I'm upset too about the loss of features related to friends. I used it heavily and cross-pollinated many titles with friends of mine. If it's true that most prefer the newer style, perhaps Netflix can just go to a user-configurable view like so many other websites have?
Old 07-06-2013, 01:05 PM

new make over same old shit.