The 2009 Samsung LED LCD HDTV is the HDTV to get!!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-04-2009, 10:25 PM

Default The 2009 Samsung LED LCD HDTV is the HDTV to get!!!

I went into a BB today and they had a 52'' 1080p 120hz LCD HDTV with Led technology on display. Iron Man was being demoed on this gorgeous set and I just froze!!! I, literally, just stood there watching this flick (which I have seen many times on my own HDTV) like I am seeing it again for the first time. OMG!!!!!!!!! what a PQ!!! I noticed that people who were coming into the store also stopped, as I did, and just watched it in awe. Anyone else get to see this bad boy in action?? Easily the best HDTV going this year,imho. Oh by the way..does anyone have $3,799 I can borrow,lol.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:55 PM

meh, probably had frame interpolation turned on to give that silky smooth look (not film-like, though some love it). LED still has its faults (like blooming). Seeing as you can get a Kuro for much less...the Samsung makes no sense.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:16 PM

Actually it's 55 inches. It looks good, but I'd still rather watch highdef content on my kuro.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
I went into a BB today and they had a 52'' 1080p 120hz LCD HDTV with Led technology on display. Iron Man was being demoed on this gorgeous set and I just froze!!! I, literally, just stood there watching this flick (which I have seen many times on my own HDTV) like I am seeing it again for the first time. OMG!!!!!!!!! what a PQ!!! I noticed that people who were coming into the store also stopped, as I did, and just watched it in awe. Anyone else get to see this bad boy in action?? Easily the best HDTV going this year,imho. Oh by the way..does anyone have $3,799 I can borrow,lol.
It does have a really sweet image. Plus the fact it's like less than an inch thick is amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post
meh, probably had frame interpolation turned on to give that silky smooth look (not film-like, though some love it). LED still has its faults (like blooming). Seeing as you can get a Kuro for much less...the Samsung makes no sense.
Spoken like a true Plasma droid.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:37 AM

look it is a very nice set--I've seen it, but seriously you can get a 9th gen elite Kuro for like $2500 right this second before they are all gone that destroys that tv.
that's just a fact.
it's pretty obvious that people that haven't had a Kuro are thrilled that they are dead because they are sick of people raving about them.
but the really sad part is that we have to go through all these "new" expensive techonlogies to get back in a few years or whatever to what the Kuro's have already achieved.
I mean how long before a 50 inch oled is down to $2500?
like 4 years or so maybe, if that.
I'm all for better pq promise of oled, but for the moment it's a real shame that crappy lcd had to win.
it's like you are pairing up the best video possible--blu-ray--with the lamest technology for showing it.
so ironic in the end.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:56 AM

PC Richard's in NY has the new 55 inch LED on sale for 2800..employee pricing sale is on till 4/11....they always have the best prices on tv's..no hassle price matches too..and you can haggle the prices too...was watching Disney previews on BD player hooked up to it last night. as usual my friend who works there gave me the remote to test it for them.Very very impressive, and damn is that a sharp thin, I mean THIN panel!

but..I just bought a Pioneer elite pro 111 fd for 2600...and to me that is still the way to go
Old 04-05-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
look it is a very nice set--I've seen it, but seriously you can get a 9th gen elite Kuro for like $2500 right this second before they are all gone that destroys that tv.
that's just a fact.
it's pretty obvious that people that haven't had a Kuro are thrilled that they are dead because they are sick of people raving about them.
but the really sad part is that we have to go through all these "new" expensive techonlogies to get back in a few years or whatever to what the Kuro's have already achieved.
I mean how long before a 50 inch oled is down to $2500?
like 4 years or so maybe, if that.
I'm all for better pq promise of oled, but for the moment it's a real shame that crappy lcd had to win.
it's like you are pairing up the best video possible--blu-ray--with the lamest technology for showing it.
so ironic in the end.
I am still not convinced that an OLED could give better picture quality than a KURO...I mean how could you get any better?
Old 04-05-2009, 12:42 PM

52" is so small!
Old 04-05-2009, 12:43 PM

^^^
I hope your kidding.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:15 PM

Not impressed. They had a couple set up at our local BB, both had the clouding issue that has been plaguing LED backlit sets. For those who don't know you get brighter areas where the bulbs are which gives the set a cloudy look. Kinda like the darkening of the corners in RPTVs.

Still haven't found a set to beat my XBR960, though the Kuro was quite close.