Home theater seats at Kmart, Yes Kmart... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-14-2008, 06:00 PM

Default Home theater seats at Kmart, Yes Kmart...

I saw that Kmart was having a sale on home theater seats and wen't to check it out at the store today. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice these seats were as far as comfort and also build wise. Now we are not talking about Berkline but for the money you can't go wrong. They have the one arms for $199 and the two arm chair for $229 on sale until the 20th. I bought 3 one arms and 1 two arm so I can make a four seater. Not a bad deal at all, If you are looking for seat you should at least go check them out.http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1...+seat&sLevel=0
Old 09-14-2008, 10:34 PM

That actually looks like a pretty good deal. I have convince myself this will be my next setup for my living room. Unfortunately at this time I have no reason to do away with my existing living room set. I would be interested to hear your review once you receive your new setup. Thanks.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:48 PM

I will set them up tommorow and I will post a review then.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:42 PM

Kmart???? wow.. ive always wanted those chairs too kmart would be the last place i would expect to buy anything cool home theater related!
Old 09-14-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWrathofBambi View Post
Kmart???? wow.. ive always wanted those chairs too kmart would be the last place i would expect to buy anything cool home theater related!
No kidding! I'll have to check and see if the one near me has these. Looks like the 2 arm one online is out of stock.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:59 PM

yeah i saw this posted on bluray.com and its tempting ...somebody on the forum said they had the chairs set up in his local kmart, in case anybody has quality concerns...you can go see for yourself...they seem pretty nice
Old 09-15-2008, 02:59 AM

i also gave these a full look. they do seem to be an absolute great value but honestly u can tell that theyre not some top of the line theater seating company. they also have a deal where u get 15% off if u purchase by a certain date with ur sears mastercard. i still have to give some consideration as to whether or not these seats would be a great addition to what i'd like to be a great home theater or not. my advice it go take a look and decide for yourself. im positive that the price for this type of seating cannot be beat!
Old 09-15-2008, 07:51 PM

Well I got the seats all set up and I think they are pretty nice for the money. They are very comfortable and my wife said that so if she is impressed then that is saying something in my house. Normal size cupholders will hold your drink whether in a regular can or glass just not a stein. The recline mechanism is very easy and smooth to operate with just a slight push back useing your own bodyweight. One thing was that all of the bolts were loose and needed tightening. I don't know if that is done intentionally or is just from being shipped from place to place. I am very happy with them and think they really make my room look like an official HT. Well here are some pics of my modest HTR....

Old 09-16-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Well I got the seats all set up and I think they are pretty nice for the money. They are very comfortable and my wife said that so if she is impressed then that is saying something in my house. Normal size cupholders will hold your drink whether in a regular can or glass just not a stein. The recline mechanism is very easy and smooth to operate with just a slight push back useing your own bodyweight. One thing was that all of the bolts were loose and needed tightening. I don't know if that is done intentionally or is just from being shipped from place to place. I am very happy with them and think they really make my room look like an official HT. Well here are some pics of my modest HTR....

Why do you have two projectors?
Old 09-16-2008, 01:28 PM

I use one for movies and one for tv so I don't use up the bulb on one pj. I bought the Optoma and I won the BenQ in a contest on another forum.