Finally, lossless audio for Media Center PC's from Auzentech - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-24-2008, 06:06 AM

Default Finally, lossless audio for Media Center PC's from Auzentech

Well, I'm happy to say it's finally ready and will be available for purchase in September. It works with Windows XP or Vista and is the first sound card to support lossless audio from either Blu-ray or HD sources.

Quote:
Santa Clara, CA – June 16, 2008: Auzentech, Inc. (www.auzentech.com) reveals today its non-downsampling, HDMI 1.3-native, PCI express audio combo card: Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater 7.1. The Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater 7.1 accepts video from either an internal or external connection, mixes it with digital audio, and outputs the combined video and lossless multichannel audio via a single HDMI™ 1.3 port. Moreover, the internal connection will exclusively support upcoming NVIDIA products, to create the ultimate in audio and visual entertainment.

Read more here.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:15 AM

Good to hear, but I wasn't happy reading the nvidia exclusivity part... Though I'm sure AMD will come up with something to answer.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:33 AM

How does a sound card become exclusive to one gpu maker???

I actually stopped buying sound cards, my onboard on my new mobo is better than my old Audigy sound card.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:37 AM

My understanding is that it accepts video input from both internal and external sources, so yes,the internal source would be the nvidia card but the external source could be any HD source with an HDMI out. The Auzentech card has both HDMI input and output so it would be possible using a small HDMI cable to come out of the hdmi output on an ATI video card, (like the 2400, 3850, 3870, etc) and plug it directly back into the HDMI input on the Auzentech card. Then with another cable come out of the HDMI output on the Auzentech card and into your HDMI reciever.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluasad View Post
My understanding is that it accepts video input from both internal and external sources, so yes,the internal source would be the nvidia card but the external source could be any HD source with an HDMI out. The Auzentech card has both HDMI input and output so it would be possible using a small HDMI cable to come out of the hdmi output on an ATI video card, (like the 2400, 3850, 3870, etc) and plug it directly back into the HDMI input on the Auzentech card. Then with another cable come out of the HDMI output on the Auzentech card and into your HDMI reciever.
ah, or HDMI to reciever for sound and DVI/HDMI from gpu to TV... I dont really care, I actually have an nvidia 8800gt right now but the new RV770s are looking pretty sweet from ATi.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLARITY View Post
ah, or HDMI to reciever for sound and DVI/HDMI from gpu to TV... I dont really care, I actually have an nvidia 8800gt right now but the new RV770s are looking pretty sweet from ATi.
Yeah, that would definitely work as well. There might be a slightly higher chance of the picture and sound getting out of sync using this method, but probably not to any noticable degree.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluasad View Post
Yeah, that would definitely work as well. There might be a slightly higher chance of the picture and sound getting out of sync using this method, but probably not to any noticable degree.
True its possible, but I think PCs do a good job of syncing. At least it did on my laptop when I used D-Sub to the TV and analog cables to the reciever. I never noticed any issues.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:48 AM

a little OT but more HTPC goodness for people going that route, and also goodness for nvidia (good marketing over there).

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3339

A GPU accelorated H.264 encoder, so if you're the type of person that wants to rip your bluray's (or hd dvd's) so you can play them off your HTPC with out having to scramble for the disc, you can do this now in a much shorter amt of time (and still save sigificantly on disc space). Interesting read.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:58 AM

Finally a HTPC might actually be worth a go.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:21 AM

Although perhaps someone can enlighten me on something that concerns this somewhat. My TV, Samsung LE32R72, cannot accept a PC connected through a DVI-HDMI adapter (the TV itself has only VGA and HDMI). I've seen there are a lot of TV's that cant accept PC through HDMI. Does anyone know why that is?

Also, if you have a graphics card that has a HDMI output (and not just DVI to HDMI adapter), does that change things?