Onkyo 605 visuals issue - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-14-2008, 05:51 PM

Default Onkyo 605 visuals issue

Im having a problem with my new Onkyo 605 and im hoping someone can help, apologies now if i missed something similar already discussed.

Im using HDMI connections for both my Panasonic DVD recorder with inbuilt SD TV tuner and Toshiba EP30 HD DVD player to the Onkyo 605 then out to a Toshiba XV503 LCD.

When i first turn on my DVD recorder to watch SD TV everything is as it should be but when i want to watch a DVD after pressing "play" i have to come out of the Amp DVD set up to any other set up eg. game and go back into DVD again i can see the DVD play perfect. When i press "stop" on the DVD the screen goes blank (purple) and to get back to watching TV i have to again come out of the Amp DVD set up and go back into it again to see TV programs.

Same happens on the HD DVD player, when i turn it on with no disc loaded i can view the Toshiba on screen menu fine but when i load a disc the screen goes blank (purple) and the counter continues to do its thing. When i come out of the HD DVD set up and go back in i can view the movie.

Please, what have i not set up?
Is it the TV or the AMP thats at fault?

Thanks a lot