Pirates of the Carribean Themed Home Theater - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-01-2008, 09:17 AM

Default Pirates of the Carribean Themed Home Theater

Check out this Pirates' home theater on Electronic House. It's a DIY job...

http://www.electronichouse.com/artic...themed_theater

Not bad for $30,000!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:00 AM

Please no more duplicate threads from avs forums. We've seen it, thanks.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericpizzapie View Post
Please no more duplicate threads from avs forums. We've seen it, thanks.
Not all of us read AVS religiously, I'm only on there once in a while my self... Particularly since at least in my limited experience they seem to not be as interested in helping out begginers as this forum.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:10 PM

AVS has turned really hostile for everyone not just beginners. The freaking 25 stickys and locking 80% of all new threads is what is running people off. There isnt a darn thing you can post without it falling under their read the sticky that had 4000 posts in it. It is so stupid.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzeto View Post
Not all of us read AVS religiously, I'm only on there once in a while my self... Particularly since at least in my limited experience they seem to not be as interested in helping out begginers as this forum.
Its the first time i've seen it, thanks OP

btw if a Forum has been around for more than a couple years than chances are 95% of topics have already been discussed. So at what point does a forum stop being a forum and turn into a library?
Old 04-01-2008, 12:39 PM

That is pretty frikin sweet! And all that for around 30 grand?! Wow! One of these days, I shall have a cool 'themed' home-theater, too.

On a side-note, I have been to AVS only a couple of times, but for some reason, I find the atmosphere there to be not as pleasant as it is here.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mase View Post
Its the first time i've seen it, thanks OP

btw if a Forum has been around for more than a couple years than chances are 95% of topics have already been discussed. So at what point does a forum stop being a forum and turn into a library?
this is true to an extent but by the same token on any forum you're going to have some repeated discussion... Some people are just new to certain topics, some forums are just more relaxed about allowing (with in reason) certain topics to be discussed again while other forums seem to see this as an affront to the forum as a whole.

HDD Home Theater Gear = good place for anyone to come and ask any questions. Beginners are free to ask basic questions and will typically get good responses (unless there's already a very active thread for that topic) regardless of how many times it's been posted. How many times have people asked about how to get lossless audio from their PS3 to their shiny new receiver?

AVS seems to be a good place for those very knowlegeable about the subject they're interested in discussing, if you're less knowlegable and trying to learn a new topic you're going to have a much hard time on AVS forum than you would here...

I'm not saying AVS is bad for being this way, it's totally awesome actually for those participants who want to discuss the topics that they're passionate about with out much bother from newbs. Just different apmospheres for different types of posters
Old 04-01-2008, 12:57 PM

Wow, man, I love the LED starfield on the ceiling. Now I want to do that with every room when I get my house.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liqwid View Post
Wow, man, I love the LED starfield on the ceiling. Now I want to do that with every room when I get my house.
I would love a nice themed theater... Perhaps one of these days it will happen for me! I think this is one of the best ones I've seen so far, I absolutly love the inclusion of a bar area.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzeto View Post
this is true to an extent but by the same token on any forum you're going to have some repeated discussion... Some people are just new to certain topics, some forums are just more relaxed about allowing (with in reason) certain topics to be discussed again while other forums seem to see this as an affront to the forum as a whole.

HDD Home Theater Gear = good place for anyone to come and ask any questions. Beginners are free to ask basic questions and will typically get good responses (unless there's already a very active thread for that topic) regardless of how many times it's been posted. How many times have people asked about how to get lossless audio from their PS3 to their shiny new receiver?

AVS seems to be a good place for those very knowlegeable about the subject they're interested in discussing, if you're less knowlegable and trying to learn a new topic you're going to have a much hard time on AVS forum than you would here...

I'm not saying AVS is bad for being this way, it's totally awesome actually for those participants who want to discuss the topics that they're passionate about with out much bother from newbs. Just different apmospheres for different types of posters
I agree with all of that, I for one like to research my queries because most likely it has been discussed before. But for people who are new to forums in general do not know what a sticky is or even how to effectively search for older topics... For me multiple threads on a single subject brings different points of views so I am all for it, but like you if there is an active thread ie not made in 1992 than I am all for threads being merged into one or however a MOD sees fit on dealing with it..

I like AVS just fine but I know better than to ask certain questions as I have seen what happens when one does.. I mainly go to AVS to read, rarely do I ask questions there as it is just not a comfortable atmosphere for my level of knowledge.. The debates from the experts are certainly entertaining and informational though..

I just take offense to someone like Eric who says its recycled/duplicate blah blah blah, well obviously its recycled info just like anything else posted from another source.. It is only not recycled/duplicate news when you came up with it yourself. If we stopped posting news or tidbits of info from other sources, Forums such as this one would be severly crippled..