Amazon Prime Day 2019 Set to Launch on July 15 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-25-2019, 11:42 AM
Staff

Default Amazon Prime Day 2019 Set to Launch on July 15

The two-day sales event will feature over one million deals!

https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...-july-15/44333
Old 06-25-2019, 06:25 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Looks like my wallet is safe this year. Have to work both days so I won't have much Amazon time!
Old 06-26-2019, 08:46 AM

I'm assuming that if you have something in your cart and the price is reduced during the sale that this will be identified when you view your cart. Right? I always keep stuff I'm interested in buying in my cart so that when the price drops to the level I'm seeking I can grab it. What I don't want to do is just buy stuff because it's on sale. That's how I end up with unopened stuff in the basement that I never use.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:32 AM

While I have some stuff sitting in my cart page, under the 'save for later' subsection (some of it from years ago), these days I mostly rely on the CamelCamelCamel price tracker extension to monitor price drops, to see if it hits a point I'm comfortable with.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of Death View Post
While I have some stuff sitting in my cart page, under the 'save for later' subsection (some of it from years ago), these days I mostly rely on the CamelCamelCamel price tracker extension to monitor price drops, to see if it hits a point I'm comfortable with.
I'll have to check that out.

Actually, I just checked and I already have an account. The problem is that it only uses the Amazon Wish List. I don't keep anything in my wish list. I keep everything in my cart. I guess I'll have to move everything over to my wish list.

Last edited by RobG; 06-27-2019 at 07:38 AM.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:59 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of Death View Post
I mostly rely on the CamelCamelCamel price tracker extension to monitor price drops, to see if it hits a point I'm comfortable with.
That site is great for price drops that seem to hold for more than a day, I have more than once bought something on Amazon cheaper than what Camel^3 seems to think it is at. There are things I want that I do have set to monitor and notify me if it drops below a said price.
Old 06-29-2019, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
I'll have to check that out.

Actually, I just checked and I already have an account. The problem is that it only uses the Amazon Wish List. I don't keep anything in my wish list. I keep everything in my cart. I guess I'll have to move everything over to my wish list.
It doesn't require things to be in your account to track? If you use the extension in your browser it'll track whatever you tell it to track. A little 'Camelizer' icon will appear in your URL bar when you're on a product's page and you'll be able to click on it to see the pricing history and set a price in Amazon, 3rd Party New, and 3rd Party Used sections individually. If it ever hits or drops below the price you want you'll get an e-mail.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:13 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Looks like my wallet is safe this year. Have to work both days so I won't have much Amazon time!
Shit. My schedule got changed, I am off Monday and Tuesday!
Old 07-16-2019, 01:39 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I had a few deals that were not live yet so I clicked the Watchlist button. Now that the deals are live, I cannot find them. There is no view watchlist option, there is no email or checkbox to find them. Oh Well Amazon, I'm not going to seek any further. FAIL.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:32 PM

I got some good deals, including the Criterion Bergman set for $80. Admittedly, I had a $30 credit, but Amazon matched B&N with 50% off and provided an additional 20% off. Then, when I had a problem with my order and had to call, they gave me an extra $10 off. Sweet!