HDD Gear Review: Samsung Q70R QLED TV - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-24-2019, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Default HDD Gear Review: Samsung Q70R QLED TV

With full-array local dimming, quantum dot color, HDR10+ support, voice control, AirPlay 2, and an extensive selection of HDR apps, the 55-inch Samsung Q70R QLED TV offers a comprehensive set of features. But while picture quality is good, the display is a bit pricier than several competing models with similar specs, and the set lacks Dolby Vision support. With that said, Samsung's TVs are the only displays in the US to currently offer HDR10+ capabilities, and the smart TV platform here performs a bit better than other systems used on some rival displays. For users interested in HDR10+ or who don't mind paying a little extra for a few lifestyle perks not found on less expensive models, the Q70R is a solid option.

https://hdgear.highdefdigest.com/738...ed4khdrtv.html
Old 06-25-2019, 06:27 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Thanks for recognizing the lack of Dolby Vision support. Honestly, at the consumer end cost, how much would that have added to the price of the TV? $5? $10? $20? I still suspect $5 or less.
Have mentioned it before, that my previous 2 TVs are Samsungs. I like their build quality but the lack of DV is a deal killer for me.It's too bad because the specs of their Quantum Dot TVs are pretty impressive.