scohen is offline Staff

Default This Week in Gear: LG Products Win EISA Awards, VUDU Heads to Apple TV, and More

For this edition, we're covering LG's recent EISA awards, the upcoming addition of VUDU to the Apple TV lineup, the integration of DTS Headphone:X tech into the ASUS ZenFone 4, and McIntosh Group and Sonus faber's sponsorship of Ferrari's 70th Anniversary.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...and-more/39766
    Check out my award winning experimental short film Broken Records

awarlock is offline Member

Great news!!

Maybe, finally, one Streaming box that does it all?? I already have an Apple TV plus a Roku box. I have always used a Roku box, PS4, or a Smart TV, etc. for directly streaming Vudu content. Now, with Apple TV being able to soon stream Vudu and Amazon content both, I may not have much need for my Roku box any more.

Palmer is offline Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by awarlock View Post
    Great news!!

Maybe, finally, one Streaming box that does it all?? I already have an Apple TV plus a Roku box. I have always used a Roku box, PS4, or a Smart TV, etc. for directly streaming Vudu content. Now, with Apple TV being able to soon stream Vudu and Amazon content both, I may not have much need for my Roku box any more.
    Yeah, if that rumored 4K AppleTV with HDR comes out with iTunes, VUDU, Netflix AND Amazon, it would be the best streaming box on the market.

awarlock is offline Member

As an update to Vudu on Apple TV, I have installed it on my Apple TV and actually watched a couple of movies this past weekend. The Apple TV Vudu app appears to be just a player however and not the actual Vudu store. If you actually want to purchase a movie, it seemed to me that it steered you back to iTunes and wanted an iTunes login so I assumed if I purchase a movie it will be registered on my iTunes account and NOT my Vudu/Ultraviolet account? I did not test this further. Not a real big deal as I can easily just log onto my Vudu account on a different device and purchase anything there. Newly purchased Vudu movies did show up for viewing on my Apple TV within 30 secs. to 1 min. It makes sense that Vudu does not have the "Vudu Store" on Apple TV as I have heard that Apple gets a rather large ($) percentage of any purchases made on Apple TV apps.

The Vudu app did work great by the way!!