DTS & Paramount Bring DTS:X & DTS Headphone:X Soundtracks to Select Releases - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-20-2016, 09:20 PM
Staff

Default DTS & Paramount Bring DTS:X & DTS Headphone:X Soundtracks to Select Releases

The studio will support the immersive audio format on select titles.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...t-titles/33598
Old 07-21-2016, 01:26 PM

I saw this press release the other day and found it quite puzzling. It's written as though it's promoting new DTS:X discs coming soon, but all of the titles referenced were already released, some months ago, with no indication of anything new actually in the pipeline.

It reads like an act of desperation to remind people that DTS:X is still a thing that exists.
Old 07-21-2016, 02:40 PM

Has anyone ever listened to a headphone track? Seems odd considering there really aren't portable Blu Ray options.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
Has anyone ever listened to a headphone track? Seems odd considering there really aren't portable Blu Ray options.
While it would be better for stuff like iTunes or other digital downloads -- for example, I'd love to have HeadphoneX on an iPad while flying -- I think the idea here is that you can use the Headphone:X track when you want to watch a movie at home, but can't crank up the full surround sound system.