Brian Hoss is offline HDD Editor

Post Screen Innovations Adds Pure Zero Edge to Its Line of Pure and Black Diamond Screens

Rigid screen design supports up to an 8K resolution, frameless edge, and LED backlighting.

Name:  Pure-Zero-Edge.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  33.7 KB

Screen Innovations, credited for producing affordable screens that excel in dark and light environments, is now offering the Pure Zero Edge line of screens.

From SI, "Filling a void onscreen and in the marketplace, our new Pure™ projection screen materials feature an enhanced texture that is 9x finer than that of the best screen available. Redefining what white and gray screens can do to enhance the visual entertainment experience, our proprietary Micro Texture delivers absolute perfection when reproducing resolution from 1080P to 8K. The image is razor sharp with perfect color and uniformity, providing a sensory experience unlike any other."

The aluminum-backed rigid screen design aims to offer the kind of appearance that consumers normally seek in bezel-less screen design without compromising image quality. Pure White and Pure Gray now join the company's Black Diamond screens. SI promises that these screen options in a two piece projector set-up yield much larger screen sizes than comparably priced flat panel TVs.

One capability being pushed by Screen Innovations is LED backlighting, which can easily be included in the Pure Zero Edge backing. The idea behind LED backlighting is to complement onscreen content while making it easier to watch bright content in a dark room.

Screen Innovations

pedram is offline Member

"The idea behind LED backlighting is to complement onscreen content while making it easier to watch bright content in a dark room."

Hmm, I never heard of anyone complaining that the projector image is too bright. It's usually the other way around.

Pioneer14 is offline Member

Blu-ray

How much is the set-up? What are the projector's available that support 4K-8K content?
    "A diamond is just a chunk of coal that made good under pressure."

Josh Z is offline HDD Blogmaster General

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer14 View Post
    How much is the set-up?
    Expensive.

What are the projector's available that support 4K-8K content?
    Sony has a true 4k projector for $25k. JVC has several pseudo-4k projectors at varying price points.
    Josh Z
    Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
    Curator, Laserdisc Forever
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.

Pioneer14 is offline Member

Thanks Josh...I figured I will just dream about it at this time!
    "A diamond is just a chunk of coal that made good under pressure."