Best Buy Will Match Online Prices This Holiday Season - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-12-2012, 02:34 PM
HDD Contributor

Default Best Buy Will Match Online Prices This Holiday Season

The company is doing what it can to keep competitive, including matching prices with online giant Amazon.

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/10/11/...liday-season/0
Old 10-12-2012, 02:56 PM

It's about time. Since I moved a few months ago the closest store is 45 minutes away so I haven't even been going in anymore. I do find myself looking for a reason to go in and play when I do get in town though, now they might actually get some money out of me.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairlesswookiee View Post
It's about time. Since I moved a few months ago the closest store is 45 minutes away so I haven't even been going in anymore. I do find myself looking for a reason to go in and play when I do get in town though, now they might actually get some money out of me.
Could not agree with you more. When I go into BB, I am looking at spending some $$ on a movie, ocassional game or two, and all my electronic needs. I have never bought anything online before....but with some persuasion from co workers and friends, I am starting to see the light.

I'm looking into buying a new tv and a projector, hope I can save some $$ now with this piece of good news.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:01 PM

Have a BB 10 minutes from house, I may be buying all my electronic needs this holiday from them because of this
Old 10-12-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthaddict11 View Post
Have a BB 10 minutes from house, I may be buying all my electronic needs this holiday from them because of this
I'm DEFINITELY going to be testing this bit of news very soon,lol. We'll see how bad BB is going to want my $$$.

Last weekend, I did get buy some home theater recliner chairs from BB and they gave me $100 off each chair. I just asked them if they would take $100 off each chair since I am buying two ($750 each). BB sales associate asked his manager and the manager said yes without blinking an eye. I should have them by the end of next week.

The week of Thanksgiving (probably that Tuesday), I am going in to buy the Epson 3010. The week after that I am going into looking at replacing my 60'' Sony lcos rp tv with either a passive LG or a active Panny plasma.

Been saving my $$ all year (since January). Been working a lot of overtime. If all goes well...and I think it will...I should have $9500 saved up by Thanksgiving. I have deprived myself of buying any blu rays of any kind (until last weekend when I bought my chairs...decided I deserved a little ''taste'' of my labors of saving $$ for most of the year), going out to eat, going to a movie theater. I was in extreme save mode for awhile. Now it is time to unleash the hounds,lol. Cant wait to do so.

It feels good to spend $$ on expensive stuff and know that your going bills are going to be fine for the month,lol. It is also a hard slap in the face when you take so long to save up a certain amount of $$ and then when you spend it...it goes away so damn quick,lol.

Last edited by taygan315; 10-12-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:29 PM

I will definately take advantage of this! It's about time Best Buys decided to actually compete for our money!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:57 PM

I stopped shopping at Best Buy about 5 years ago. I think the last thing I bought from them was my HD-DVD player. They were just too freakin high.

Okay, I take that back, I ordered a couple of exclusives from their website. I have gone into their store a couple of times looking to pick something up because I didn't want to wait, only to find out that something wasn't in stock (or, what is normally the case, their computers show its in stock, but the sales associates cannot seem to find it anywhere).
Old 10-13-2012, 03:52 AM

My best buy already did this if it made sense and they still profited from it. Matching amazon is great but with this new price match its only if amazon sells it. Not second or third party using amazon. But it's a step in the right direction
Old 10-13-2012, 09:00 AM

This is not as good a deal as it sounds. Ok if your talking about a $20 Blu-ray it's not a big deal, but keep in mind you still have to pay tax on the item your buying at a Best Buy store. You pay NO taxes at Amazon. Make sure your calculating that in to the overall price. a $200 item at best buy will cost you $214 (IA taxes). A $200 item at amazon will cost you $200.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankort View Post
You pay NO taxes at Amazon.
That depends on in which state you reside. Amazon has been battling the state legislatures the last few years on this issue and slowly losing. B&M merchants claim the advantage is unfair and, of course, the state governments themselves are missing out on millions in sales tax revenue. Here in Texas we've been paying sales tax on Amazon orders since July. Californians started paying them last month. I believe the Iowa legislature was considering a similar law a couple of years ago. So enjoy that tax free Amazon shopping while you can Brian! I sure miss it...