"Why was my thread deleted?!?" - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Former Member

Default "Why was my thread deleted?!?"

This is not something that we've changed when we rebooted the trading area, but it seems we need to post a reminder:

If your thread does not comply with the rules of the marketplace, it WILL be axed, no questions asked.

Here is a quick cheat sheet of things that may have caused it:

No prices in a sale thread, or wants in a trade thread. This isn't ebay, where "best offers" reign, or users have to GUESS what someone wants.

Paypal surcharging. See the rules thread for an explanation of this rule.

More than 1 thread on the mainpage. Active or no, only 1 thread per user is allowed mainpage. This is a courtesy/consideration rule, for ALL other members.

WTB threads. We consolidated these into ONE thread, found in the stickies area. This rule applies to the Blu-ray exchange only

Prohibited items. If a thread solely consists of items that are not items we allow in these areas (this is a high def media site, not ebay), it will get axed. See the rules thread for the items we allow. Please note, iPods aren't HT equipment, and they do get removed.

Pre-date items. If a thread has only pre-date items, a thread will be axed. If the thread contains titles actually out, just the pre-date items will be removed.

It is also possible the thread got MOVED to the proper area. Check your recent posts, to see if it is in another section.

Marketplace threads that violate the rules are axed, period. If a member does not take the time to read these rules, and violate them, REPORT their posts rather than giving them more attention.

Reposting threads that were removed, yet did not fix the problem only shows a user doesn't care to read the rules, or to comply with them, and will be handled accordingly.

I'll remove this thread in a month. Guys, the rules aren't THAT hard to follow.
Closed Thread