What screen size do you recommend at minimum?? - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-22-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerforhire550 View Post
Wassup guys, so here is my living room where I want to setup a home theater. I can only fit through a 55" inch screen. If I get a 65"inch ill have to install a wall mount (which I will get anyways regardless what size) and tilt the screen to the side. The tv I have is a LG OLED55C7P:

https://imgshare.io/image/s9ciH

https://imgshare.io/image/s90cd

https://imgshare.io/image/s9H4f
Do you have a basement? That's not going to be an ideal room for a home theater. For entertaining it's fine. But I don't think it will work well as a home theater.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:56 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
Do you have a basement? That's not going to be an ideal room for a home theater. For entertaining it's fine. But I don't think it will work well as a home theater.

Agreed on trying to put it somewhere else. But if that's all you have to work with.....I probably would still consider larger TV, that cut out space behind it is a waste IMO. Put those accordion doors there and use it to store brooms or canned food pantry!
What I call best option in the existing setup, put the TV just in front of the rail, if wanting to add speakers, put the right front speaker in the corner and left front speaker approx where we see the TV now. Mount the center channel almost at the ceiling or put just below the TV. For rears, there are some stands you could get. The main sofa should face the TV screen no matter what. Push comes to shove, the sectional part of the sofa has probably got to go. Not sure how much room there is in front of the sink for it to stay attached. Unless that's the OP's ideal spot to sit. Ultimately though, where the OP is wanting to put the TV is not going to work with the existing sofa if they want more speakers or a bigger screen.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:09 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
I have an extra room I don't use, I just may use that as an alternative.
Old 10-05-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerforhire550 View Post
I have an extra room I don't use, I just may use that as an alternative.
There you go.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:11 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
There you go.
Reminds me of a time I went house shopping. I thought I had found a home I really wanted in a well-to-do neighborhood, but then realized none of the bedrooms had closets! And the coat closet in the living room was just as wide as the door to it was and only deep enough for the hangers to hang on the rod.