High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   Home Theater Gear (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/home-theater-gear-23/)
-   -   Value Electronics 2016 4K Ultra HD TV Shootout to Be Held During CE Week in NYC (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/home-theater-gear/145020-value-electronics-2016-4k-ultra-hd-tv-shootout-held-during-ce-week-nyc.html)

scohen 06-16-2016 04:29 PM

Value Electronics 2016 4K Ultra HD TV Shootout to Be Held During CE Week in NYC

The annual shootout will crown a new 4K Ultra HD TV champion next week.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...k-in-nyc/32883

Robert Zohn 06-16-2016 04:49 PM

Thanks for the news article covering our 2016 TV Shootout evaluation event and this thread.

I subscribed to this thread and will gladly answer any questions.

Robert Zohn 06-16-2016 04:55 PM

Panasonic is lending us 5 DMP-UB900 4K BD players for the TV Shootout. I'm meeting with Panasonic tomorrow for a technical review and to p/u our 5 4K players.

mtrot 06-16-2016 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Zohn (Post 2589736)
Thanks for the news article covering our 2016 TV Shootout evaluation event and this thread.

I subscribed to this thread and will gladly answer any questions.

Thanks for joining the thread! OK, I do have a question. Do you have any sense of the ETA for the Panny Ultra HD Blu-ray players? And do they offer dual HDMI outputs like the Samsung? Always been a fan and impressed with Panny DVD and BD players.

Robert Zohn 06-17-2016 08:45 AM

I'll find out more today about the launch date when I meet with Panasonic and I'll post what I find out.

Yes, they have 2 HDMI outputs. I have a pdf spec sheet on my website with most of the technical details.

Krawk 06-17-2016 02:28 PM

Am a little confused by the "Value" Electronics title - the contenders are all flagship models. Value to me implies best bang for the buck while not necessarily sacrificing quality.

Josh Z 06-17-2016 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krawk (Post 2589841)
Am a little confused by the "Value" Electronics title - the contenders are all flagship models. Value to me implies best bang for the buck while not necessarily sacrificing quality.

Value Electronics is the name of Robert's retail store, which hosts these periodic HDTV Shootout events.

Robert Zohn 06-17-2016 04:02 PM

Thanks Josh, you beat me to the answer and just to add a little.

Since childhood I've been active and had a love for the art and science of photography, cinematography, digital video, reference audio and storytelling. Back in 1998 when we were going through the transition from analog video and low end 2-channel TV audio to all digital HD video and multi channel audio I had the calling to create Value Electronics. Prior to Value Electronics I enjoyed a successful career as a TV Broadcasting systems engineer.

As a video enthusiasts I wanted to know which high end TV was the best each year so I began evaluating them side-by-side on my retail a/v showroom and in 2004, 12 years ago I brought my little scientific lab experience public and named it the Flat Panel TV Shootout Evaluation event.

My vision for VE was as you said, using "Value to imply best bang for the buck while not necessarily sacrificing quality." So that was and still is our mission at VE. On the other hand, my TV Shootout is very strictly about the state of the art in video displays.

-Robert

Robert Zohn 06-17-2016 07:20 PM

Just wanted to let all members and visitors know that I can pre-resister anyone for free all access pass and badge to attend CE Week NYC. CE Week is a trade convention, but I have permission to register a/v enthusiasts.

Pre-registration ends Monday, June 20th so email me ASAP if you would like to attend CE Week and participate in our 2016 TTV Shootout evaluation event.

pedram 06-26-2016 04:27 PM

How detrimental is the fact that the Vizio doesn't support HDR10? Does HDR10 look like it's going to be much more widespread than Dolby Vision (e.g. on UHD Blu Rays)?

Edit: after reading up on it a bit, it seems that HDR10 is the de-facto standard for UHD Blu Rays, and Dolby Vision is a little better, but will only be supported by some studios/manufacturers.
Also, it seems that Vizio will add HDR10 support to its reference and P series, so this might be a moot point.